Problems with Kaspersky Anti Virus

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Dear all,

I use DAVE (v3 & v4) on one PC (Lab PC) with installed KAV 2012. This Kombination is working fine.
I installed DAVE v3 and v4 (each only, and deinstalled the previous version) on my Development PC.
First I got the message that Access is denied during make process. (KAV 2013). I found in the Internet that KAV is the problem. I deactivated KAV and I could compile the code.
Then I updated to KAV 2014 and then to KAV 2015. In both cases when I start the App Tool and choose an apllication (e.g. BLDC) the solver starts and never end the task.
DAVE is hanging. The only way is to kill the App task via the Windows Task Manager.

I put DAVE execcutable to the tool exception list in KAV. But the same behaviour. DAVE is not working with KAV >2013. And I can not deactive KAV. The door to the PC is open.

Exist special instruction, or installation procedures mith Kaspersky? Maybe exist further known problems with other tools?
KAV is standard and I can not believe this should be an issue. But at this moment seems it KAV is the only issue. I couldn't test KAV2012 on office PC because the version 2012 is not available.

Thanks in advance
Helge
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Helge,

Thank you very much for the feedback. Our development is aware of the issue and necessary action has been taken.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
User10672
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
I have the same issue with Trend Micro Internet security 2015.
When i want to add an App, a window open (Adding an app in the project) and dave crash. (the message in the dialog box is "Getting solution from the solver ... " )
I think the problem is about the firewall. Dave 4.1.2 should make suspicious internet access for the fire wall.
Best regards.
Olivier.
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

Are you able to use DAVE to add APP after you disable the Antivirus software? Can you help to try this to confirm that this is caused by the antivirus software.

Thank you for your feedback. I have added an eticket: 862987111 for this item.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
User10672
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
Dave is OK when my antivirus software is desabled.
Regards.
Olivier.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Olivier,

Thank you for confirming, we will set this up to try and update you soon!

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Raj
Employee
Employee
Hi Oliver,

The "CLP eclipse" used in DAVE is blocked by the Trend Micro. We are discussing with TrendMicro to add this to their global exception list.

Meanwhile, You can solve this issue by adding the following exe file to exception list of Trend Micro installed in your PC.

C:\DAVEv4\DAVE-4.1.2\eclipse\Solver\lib\i386_nt\eclipse.exe

Please follow the steps given in the link to add it to the exception list.
trendmicro.com/technical-support/

Best regards
Raja
0 Likes