I2C with Keil and Relax kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

I am looking for an I2C example for the Relax kit using XMClib.

Thanks,

Fernando
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Hello Fernando,
have a look at the ./example folder shipped with the xmcliv. Within the XMC4500_series folder there are a lot of examples, including a i2c examples that worked for me.

cheers,
Torsten
0 Likes
Not applicable
Torsten Robitzki wrote:
Hello Fernando,
have a look at the ./example folder shipped with the xmcliv. Within the XMC4500_series folder there are a lot of examples, including a i2c examples that worked for me.

cheers,
Torsten

Thank you Torsten, You mean the i2c_transfer example? I does not use the Run Time Environment Menu of MDK 5, I have not yet succeded in making it work.
I will try a "cut&paste" changing some variables for the Microchip MC9810.

Best regards,

Fernando
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Fernando,
yes, I mean the i2c_transfer example. I don't know what the "Run Time Environment Menu" is, we use simply cmake && gcc for our projects.

cheers,
Torsten
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks, I changed some parameters to suit my setup and it appears the hardware is initializing correctly, I will have to do some more programming and testing (as usual).

I am having a hard time trying to figure out exactly what the APIs do, for example XMC_I2C_CH_MasterRepeatedStart or XMC_I2C_CH_MasterReceiveNack, I could use more documentation.

The RTE menu is a Keil MDK 5 feature (I don't know if it really called that way) where you select what chip features you are using and it generates some initial code for you, I used the Ethernet interface for the Relax kit that way and it was really easy.

Regards,

Fernando
0 Likes