infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@google+ Google+

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A qeustion about SWD, SWCLK and JLink ?

A qeustion about SWD, SWCLK and JLink ?

Hi,

I am a new user with Infineon XMC mcu,
    I have .hex and want to use J-Link for uploading hex file to my target board with my own xmc1302.
    I connected Vref, SWDIO, SWCLK and GND from J-Link to VCC(+5V), SWD(P0.14), SWCLK(P0.15) and GND in my target board.
    JLink VS Target
    Vref <-> +5V
    SWDIO <-> SWD(P0.14)
    SWCLK <-> SWCLK(P0.15)
    GND <-> GND
    but It can NOT connect success in debuging of DAVE4.

J-Link is connected.
    Firmware: J-Link V9 compiled Apr 21 2015 18:10:40
    Hardware: V9.30
    S/N: xxxxxxxxx
    OEM: SEGGER-EDU
    Feature(s): FlashBP, GDB
    Checking target voltage...
    Target voltage: 5.14 V
    Listening on TCP/IP port 2331
    Connecting to target...ERROR: Could not connect to target.
    Target connection failed. GDBServer will be closed...Restoring target state and closing J-Link connection...
    Shutting down...
    I even try using XMC1300 boot kit with same connecting pin, it also failed.
    so I want to ask is that connecting of pin correct ?

please give me a hint, Thank you so much!

Daryl Neo
    Hi,

I tried on the XMC1300 boot kit and was able to connect.

For your test, did you use the USB to power your target board. If so, please ensure that there are sufficient current to supply your target board from the USB.

Regards,
    Daryl

+ Reply to Thread