External Interrupt from an IO-Pin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi all,

i am working with Dave4 and i simply try to create an Input pin which triggers an interrupt.
Which Apps do i need (Dave4) and how di i have connect them togehter?

Is there a simmilar site as for Dave3 where to find examples?

Thanks in advance
Thomas
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Thomas,

Are you referring to the ERU001 & ERU002 Apps in DAVE v3?
In DAVE v4, the corresponding APPs are EVENT_DETECTOR & EVENT_GENERATOR.
The DAVE v4 example projects can be downloaded directly from DAVE (Go to: >Help>Install DAVE APPs/Example/Device Library…>Select "Work with: DAVE Project Library Manager"), but no similar example using ERU Apps:(

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Zain,

Thanks for the info.
But when i select the DAVE Library Manager i just see an empty page and the "Next" button in inactive.

I tried the EVENT_DETECTOR APP already and i was able to connect the pin from DIGITAL_IO to one of the inputs of EVENT_DETECTOR. The only thing that is missing is the connection between the "trigger" output of the EVENT_DETECTOR App and the Interrupt service routine of the INTERRUPT App.

So maybe it is just a little step i am missing.

Thanks
Thomas
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Zain,

in my home environment i am able to download the dave4 examples. I also found the INTERRUPT example. It is exactly what i am looking for.

Thanks
Thomas
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi all,

I will you use three IO ports as external interrupt sources and have configurated them with IO002 App (DAVE-3).
Each port should support a separate Interrupt source, so I have created three EUR001 instances and have connected each IO002 App with corresponding ERU001 App.

In ERU001 I can configurate the Event Trigger Logic with e.g. "falling edge" detection, but my Software will also trigger the external signal on the rising edge!
Have someone seen the same behaivour with DAVE3?
Any ideas, how I can fix this Problem?

Thanks in advance,
0 Likes