How to drive BTS555

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi, I have two BTS555 and I need help to make them work.
I have to put two BTS555 in parallel to use them as a switch, driven by Arduino. I have the datasheet under my eyes but I can't understand the exact way to drive them. Pin 2 is the input pin, and I think that a current outputs from it and depending on its Ampere value the BTS555 is on ON or OFF state. Am i right?
So, if I have to drive the BTS555 via Arduino, can I connect the pin 2 to the drain of a logic level transistor, and the source of it to the ground, driving the transistor via Arduino?
Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
2 Replies
User270
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored
HI, connect the input pin 2 to GND to Switch Output to active. A current of max. 1.5mA will be driven from BT555 current source. Use a mechanical switch, a bipolar or MOS Transistor to connect the pin to GND. Driving by Arduino you can use the drain of a logic level transistor as a switch.
0 Likes
Not applicable
forix wrote:
HI, connect the input pin 2 to GND to Switch Output to active. A current of max. 1.5mA will be driven from BT555 current source. Use a mechanical switch, a bipolar or MOS Transistor to connect the pin to GND. Driving by Arduino you can use the drain of a logic level transistor as a switch.

Thank you!
0 Likes