Unable to run program on xmc1100

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Greetings,
sir/madam i am trying to flash the code and run it on the xmc1100, before putting a step, first i read flash architecture topic and configure according to it and followed below procedure
0.halt the core
1.Erased the Sector
2. written the data into the Flash location form memory address 0x10001000.
3. updated FIRST word into Program Counter.
4. ZEROth word into R13 Register.
5. Vector Table Entry With 0x10001000.
6. Reset The Core.

after reset the program has to run but hear the Program is not running, am i missing any thing else ??

Thanks and Regards,
Harshan.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Hi, harshan,
Are you using the XMC1100 boot kit for your testing? Please refers to the document "XMC1100 Boot Kit Getting Started" which can be found in this link: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/KIT_XMC11_BOOT_001/productType.html?produc.... This document provides an overview of how to use XMC1100 boot kit for application development.

Cheers
tys
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks for Reply,
yes i am using xmc1100 boot kit, but without j-link debugger(it's broken), and the suggested URL refers how to use "xmc1100 boot kit" and configuration of DAVE CE compiler, actually i have a custom debugger which uses SWD protocol, and tested successfully for STM controller but in XMC it is not working, i don't find any reason for that but it successfully do the following tasks

0.halt the core
1.Erased the Sector
2. written the data into the Flash location form memory address 0x10001000.
3. updated FIRST word into Program Counter.
4. ZEROth word into R13 Register.
5. Vector Table Entry With 0x10001000.
6. Reset The Core.

after reset it's not running the program. i am not getting is there any thing i am missing to configure in XMC??

Thanks and Regards,
Harshan
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi, Harshan,
The J-Link debugger is broken off from the boot kit or is the debugger is damaged? If the J-Link debugger is break off, you could connect the J-link debugger to the xmc1100 boot kit using 2pcs of 2x4 headers (2.54mm pitch) and a ribbon connector as shown in the picture below. 1337.attach

cheers
tys
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks for Reply,
Actually The Problem Was Resolved . The Problem is With NVM_ON bit in NVMCONF Register it was resetting each Time. Any way Thank you for Reply:)
0 Likes