Evaluation kit available for DALI connectivity (Lighting) ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Phil
Employee
Employee
First question asked Welcome!
Hello,

Is there an evaluation kit or demo board available, showing DALI connectivity or the general capability of DALI support from an Infineon Microcontroller ?
The application would be indoor lighting.

regards,
Phil
0 Likes
3 Replies
Markus_Kroh
Employee
Employee
Dear Phil,

You can find any kind of information on our webpage www.infineon.com/dali.

There you will have an complete overview of documentations and support and you will also find the "DALI PHY connector" which you can use to build up a Dali network.

Currently working on a project?

Best regards

Markus
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Markus,

Do you by any chance have the schematics of that DALI PHY Interface as shown on the http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontrollers/development-tools,-software-and-kits/xc800-d... page?
I know the schematics are very, very, very simple (two Opto's, a bridge and some passive stuff), but I can't find them anywhere. Also not on the latest XC822/XC836 Easy Kit tools CD.

I hope you can post the little schematic here....

Best regards from the Netherlands, Johan.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Markus,

I already found it. It is "hidden" in the AP08104 Guide to using the DALI LightNet tool.
Chapter 4 on page 19 Connecting to a DALI network shows the DALI PHY Board Design.

Perhaps good to refer to this document on the DALI PHY Interface page on infineon.com.

Best regards, Johan.
0 Likes