XMCLoader problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User8819
Level 4
Level 4
Hi everyone,

I was trying to use XMCload to flash XMC4400 using ASC bootloader. Download completes but when I recycle board power, program is not executed properly (probably it crashes).
My program occupies range 0xc000000 up to 0xc0007fff then it jumps to 0xc020000 and occupies rest of the sectors.

Comparing programmed flash content with HEX file I have discovered that last page 0xc000700 is not programmed at all ! All the rest of flash content is correct.
Actually this last page of my program in HEX file is not complete but finishes 0xc0007FE.

I suspect that XMCloader is not able to program uncomplete page!?

Does anyone come accross similar problem? Any fast sugestions before I dive deep into analysing and finding solution?

I am using unmodified version of ASCLoader.hex for xmc4400 and entire package downloaded from Infineon site.

Thank you

rum
0 Likes
7 Replies
Not applicable
Hi rum,

Are you using XMC4400 Application Kit? Do you know that the VCOM on XMC4400 board are not connected to P1.4 and P1.5 pins used by Bootstrap loader?
You can try to use Memtool to flash the device.

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
User8819
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Zain,

I am using my target and as I said download through ASC works! There is anther problem as I descirbed well. I know of Memtool and Yes it is working alternative. I was using XMCloader since it is quite simple and small program.

rum
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi rum,

Do you mean that the same code works when using Memtool to program but doesn't work properly if use ASC Bootloader to program the device?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
User8819
Level 4
Level 4
Yes, memtool works. ASC loader doesn't. It has problem programming "last" uncomplete page. See description of condition above.

rum
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi rum,

Would you mind to share your project for our analysis?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
User8819
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Sophia,

I cannot share production code, it is a complex project. The condition can be easily recreated by following description:

Program occupies range 0xc000000 up to 0xc0007fff then it jumps to 0xc020000 and occupies rest of the sectors.

Comparing programmed flash content with HEX file I have discovered that last page 0xc000700 is not programmed at all ! All the rest of flash content is correct.
Actually this last page of my program in HEX file is not complete, but finishes 0xc0007FE.

I suspect that loader cannot program uncomplete page in the "middle" of HEX file.

rum
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi rum,

The ASC Bootsloader is not updated. We will update it soon for downloading. The new release will resolve the issue by Segger VCOM driver. Then, it should be working.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes