DAVE v4 XMC_DEBUG XMC1200

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rick_Nardone
Employee
Employee
Hi,

I would like to enable the XMC_DEBUG feature in my DAVE v4 program for an XMC1200 target. I added a preprocessor define to my project for XMC_DEBUG_ENABLE.

When I build the project, I get the following error:

Description Resource Path Location Type
incompatible type for argument 1 of 'printf' xmc_common.h /myTestMike/Libraries/XMCLib/inc line 74 C/C++ Problem

I spent some time looking into DAVE v4 documentation, and searched this forum, but am unable to resolve this error. I also tried using the standard run time library, but it didn't help.

Any suggestions on how to get he XMC_DEBUG macro working, would be greatly appreciated. This information would be useful for debugging.

Thanks,

Rick Nardone
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Richard,

Are you referring to the semihosting feature? I'm afraid that it is not supported yet.

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
User10239
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Hi Rick!
You are in the wrong preprocessor window! If you add in ARM-GCC Assembler ->Preprocessor XMC_DEBUG_ENABLE , the XMC_DEBUG("HELLO WORLD\n"); would work. But pls. be adviced to enable semihosting (https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/3489-DAVE-TIP-of-the-day-Semihosting-in-DAVEv4).
best regards Matthias3197.attach
0 Likes