Flashloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I am looking for a way to download new code to the flash through a serial interface.
According to the datasheet this can be done by downloading some kind of flashloader
in ASC BSL mode.

Is there any support, examples and programms for the PC and for the controller ?
0 Likes
10 Replies
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
The free MemTool (a PC based programming tool) will be updated to also support UART BSL mode, the release date is planned for mid of December 2013. It currently only supports the Connection via DAS and DAP MiniWiggler:
http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontrollers/32-bit-xmc4000-industrial-microcontrollers-a...

In addition to that there is an application note in preparation that will describe how to use the BSL to program the XMC4000. This app note is planned for end of January 2013.
Another option is to use the Dynamic Code Loader GEN002 App. An example how to use this App will be published in the next days.
0 Likes
Not applicable
I am also looking for a way to use MemTool or some other application to program the XMC4500 via PC without requiring an external flash programming pod (e.g. JTAG). Are there examples or instructions on the physical connections between PC and target device (e.g. Relax Lite board) to use the UART BSL mode?

Thanks in advance,
Joe Shidle
0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

Will the MemTool also operate via the xmc4500 USB and Ethernet ports ?

Thank you
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

Can you tell me if there are also plans to enable the xmc4500 flash to be programmed over it's USB and Ethernet interfaces ?

Thank you
Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

As I know that an USB App supporting flash programming was planned.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

Happy New Year to you.

Do you have any news on a USB App supporting flash programming ?

Thank you
Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks Aaron, Happy New Year to you too.

Appreciate your interest and patient. I'm requesting the status from the responsible person...

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Any news on flashing with MemTool over USB?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

Are you referring to MemTool with USB protocol? So far we don't have the plan for this.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes