Solver Issue with two identical projects

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
I created a test project to show you this issue, here is a description of the problem:

I have a project that is created on my computer and I am able to run the solver fine, I then add that code to my repository, I then pull that code from the repository and try to run the solver and it gives an error "error occurred while executing solver". I have attached two projects, one that the solver works (labeled as solver_problem) and one where the solver does not work (labeled as solver_problem_from_repo). I have verified that all files and privileges in both projects are identical. I have also attached the solver log file and the .log file that gives errors as to why the solver doesn't work. Can you please tell me why one project's solver works and the other doesn't?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Not applicable
Hi,

Did you use Export and Import DAVE Project function to move your project? You may refer to "DAVE TIP of the day: Infineon DAVE Project import/export function".

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
Not applicable
Yes I did use the export/import function to move the project. Do you have the solver issue with the project I supplied?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm wondering how did you make this zip file (2x project folders + 2x log files)? I'm expecting 2x project folders only if you export 2 projects into a single archive file.
In addition, did you use copy and paste project to duplicate your project with different names? (DAVE TIP of the day: Copy and Paste a DAVE project)
BTW, do you have problem with DAVE example project from the webpage? Perhaps you can try to confirm the Import/Export functionality by Import --> Export --> re-Import?

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
Not applicable
I exported the project "solver_problem" into a local directory on my computer. I then copied the exported "solver_problem" folder that was created by DAVE onto my repository server. I then copied back the "solver_problem" folder from my repository server back to my local machine and renamed the folder "solver_problem_from_repo" I then imported that project (the "solver_problem" project located in the "solver_problem_from_repo" folder) into DAVE 3.1.10 and attempted to run the solver, once the solver failed I copied the log files from the .metadata directory in my workspace and the two project folders into a zip file and submitted them to you.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

There are 2 points:
1) You should import the project into the DAVE 1st then use copy and paste project to rename the project instead of "renaming the project folder outside of the DAVE";
2) You should export the DAVE project directly as an archive file instead of "zipping it outside of the DAVE".

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
Zain,

I performed the steps you suggested and I receive the same result. I created a project in DAVE, made sure the solver was working, then exported it to my repository server. Then I opened another instance of DAVE with a workspace in a different local drive location and imported the project from my repo, I then built the project and attempted the solver and I recieved the message "error occurred while executing solver". The only difference with this test and the previous test we have been discussing is a solver log file was not created in the .metadata folder of my workspace (the worskpace that could not perform the solver) I did recieve a .log file with information that seems to give an answer to why this problem is happening.

I believe this problem can be solved by analyzing the log files I have attached (those from the previous attachment, and the one in this posts attachment). and at least explaining what the error means to me or (even better) use them to get the solver working from my previous attachment where the solver did not work.

I strongly urge you to pursue this route, please review the log files or forward them to someone who understands them to get some insight into this problem. There are multiple unsolved threads in this forum that essentially ask the same question I am asking and experience the same problems, I believe in order for you guys to "nip this problem in the bud" you will want to investigate the problem on your end, using the log files and the projects I have attached.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

You have opened 2 instances of DAVE and tried to run solver? I'm afraid this is illegal operation. They are accessing the same solver…

BR,
Zain
0 Likes