DAVE3 to Keil µVision 5

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi all,

Is there a way to convert DAVE3 code to keil without the need to generate the code? Because I've changed some values in registers etc and if I generate my code I would lose all my changes.

Thanks in advice.
0 Likes
12 Replies
Not applicable
Hi,

You can place your code in main.c so that it will not be overwritten upon re-generation of the code.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
thanks for your answer. I have another question.

When I'm imported DAVE3 code in keil 5 and I want to build than I get the following error: cannot open source input file "uc_id.h": No such file or directory
0 Likes
Not applicable
my program is working in DAVE3 but not in keil.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

To clarify:
1) Did you follow the tutorial for importing the DAVE3 code into Keil?
2) Are you using Keil UV5.12?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

1) Yes
2) Nope, Keil µVision V5.14.0.0
0 Likes
Not applicable
is there another way to import dave code in keil without the need of generating code?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

You need to supply the path to the uc_id.h file and RTE folder in Keil (see attached example).

1283.attach

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Yes, I've already did this... The problem to me seems that the program is not generating the SPI clock... But it works in DAVE3, so I just don't get it.

Thanks in advice.
0 Likes
Not applicable
hi sohia how are you?

i have follow your tutorial import from dave 3 in to keil but still failed i see in Keil
C:\DAVE-3.1.10\DAVE-3.1.10\CMSIS\Infineon\Include\uc_id.h(42): error: #13: expected a file name
#include “RTE_Components.h”

advice please because we will running production with xmc1100

thanks regard.
Irfan
indonesia
0 Likes
Not applicable
hi sohia how are you?

i have follow your tutorial import from dave 3 in to keil but still failed i see in Keil
C:\DAVE-3.1.10\DAVE-3.1.10\CMSIS\Infineon\Include\uc_id.h(42): error: #13: expected a file name
#include “RTE_Components.h”

advice please because we will running production with xmc1100

thanks regard.
Irfan
indonesia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Irfan,

Because "uc_id.h" is no more used in DAVE4. So, it is removed from device header files in new PACK . You need to add this file manually.
Did you try to follow the work around solution (2nd Apr post) to supply the path to the uc_id.h file and RTE folder in Keil?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
nisheedhnaduvil
Employee
Employee
Hi,

Since you are using DAVE3 project in KEIL5.x, the start-up file for the device may be latest one in the KEIL device pack(may be version 2.x.x).
This start-up file, will have some changes for the clock configuration in DAVE4.

For DAVE3 to KEIL5.x, user has to use the KEIL pack version 1.x.x

As a temporary solution once you export DAVE3 project in to KEIL 5.x, you may use the system_xmcxxxx.c from DAVE3 project to get the proper peripheral clock.

Regards,
Nisheedh
0 Likes