[CCU8] Single Shot Mode and concatenation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

could someone please explain how to use CCU8 timer in Single Shot Mode when two slices are concatenated (2x16bit)? What value should be written to period match registers of each slices eg. when delay is set to 0x00010000?

Best regards,
Mariusz
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Mariusz,

The compare register follow as the timer slices.
So, the upper 16-bit of compare value will be set in the compare register of the upper 16-bit timer slice and the lower 16-bit value set at the lower 16-bit timer slice compare register.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jackson,

I know that I can use compare registers for this purpose, but this won't be a Single Shot Mode. In accordance to the reference manual, a delay value should be written to the period match registers, then timer count from 0 to the period match, generate an event, clears a timer and stop. It will not work in the concatenation mode. In my opinion the concatenation feature of the CCUs is faulty. Infineon suggest that with CCUs user can have the full featured 32b, 48b and 64b timers what is not true. Could you please explicit define in the reference manual what is and what isn't possible in the concatenation mode. Beside Signle Shot mode, a shadow transfer is multifunctional as well. A trigger in a LSB does not fire a transfer in a MSB. I have written about this before.

Thank you for your support.
Best regards
Mariusz
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Mariusz,

Why do you said the timer concatenation is not working for single shot mode?
You have made such a configuration and the timer does not work?
If yes, may I know what is the behavior you have observed?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jackson,

I have asked how to set a timer in the Single Shot Mode during concatenation eg. for 0x00010000 value. Your answer was use a capture match register. That's not what I have asked. I have started to configure timers, but when I came to setting the delay value I have stack with mentioned question. According to the reference manual, a timer count till reach the value of the period match register, whenever it operates as stand alone or concatenated. If the LSB timer will count till 0xFFFF during concatenation, and then increment MSB I will admit I was wrong. But if timer count till period match what happen if I set LSB to 0x0000?

Regards,
Mariusz
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Mariusz,

I get what is your problem now.
For the timer value calculation, you can check at the help document of PWMSP001 APP.
It should be in the overview section.

You need to calculate the value for MSB and LSB and put it into the period register of the timer.
0 Likes