PLL config using DAVE (XC2765)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Dear Sirs!

I'm trying to tune the PLL in XC2765 microcontroller using DAVE 2. I want to use the external quartz (10MHz) and obtain the Fsys = 60MHz. As far as I concern it can be achieved using the following values of div/mult:
N = 24
P = 2
K2 = 2
this way the Fvco = 120MHz and VCO is operating in mode 1 (100 - 160MHz).
When I try to set the desired values of frequencies in DAVE I receive an error: "NDIV value is out of range. ..." (see attachment).
The question is: are the values of N,P,K2 given above correct? Can I use them to configure the pll manualy (without DAVE) or the DAVE is right and I can't use them for some reason?
0 Likes
2 Replies
MsMdt
Employee
Employee
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First reply posted
Hello RRoman,

I do not know why Dave2 is complaining about this but what I do know is that
you should be able to do what you want if you use our SCU driver for XC2000.
You can find it here: http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontrollers/16-bit-c166-microcontrollers/channel.html?ch...

The file is called:
Power Management with SCU Driver - software (ap1617011_Power_Management_with_SCU_Driver.exe)

In the isntallation package, there is also a graphical tool included to do your clock configuration.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank You MMarquardt. I'll take a look at this tool. I have got and answer from Infineon distributor. He stated, that my configuration is correct. There is a mistake in DAVE for XC23x5X microcontrollers in PLL tuning. It's possible to use XC23x5A instead. They are claimed to be compatible.
0 Likes