CAN peripheral for XMC 4500 and 4400

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Good morning all,
I would like to know if the CAN peripheral (MultiCAN) is the same in the XMC4500 and in the XMC4400 microcontroller series.
Thanks
Christophe
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Christophe,

Yes, it is the same.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
christopheroj wrote:
Good morning all,
I would like to know if the CAN peripheral (MultiCAN) is the same in the XMC4500 and in the XMC4400 microcontroller series.
Thanks
Christophe

I can also confirm that. And software written with peripherals code in DAVE 3.1.10 can be easily ported between members of the XMC4000 family. We have done that with CANopen. I have currently ported this code to the new XMC Lib. It works already with a Hexagon XMC4200 board. In the next step I will test how easy it is with the XMC Lib to use the code on a XMC4400 and XMC4500. board. Both are Hexagon boards.
Regards
Heinz
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello,
I am kind of new with XMC4500 series. I have a project with this board and CANopen running and I am pretty much stuck. I've written the code and do know all the CAN commands needed but I cannot combine those two, since I am new to the XMC. Does anybody have a programm written for CAN or CANopen, who would be kind enough to share it? It would very helpful. Thanks in advance!

Georg
0 Likes