"Groundhog Day" - oder Ewig Grüßt Das Murmeltier

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User8095
Level 2
Level 2
Bonsoir,

in the moment its neither possible to migrate an older project for the XMC4400 Step AA to the last version of DAVE 3 nor to use Apps in a new CE-project for this MCU.
All i got was a java null point exception and sometimes another error message . I tried in many ways, to get the Apps into the programm - no success.
The prog is attached.

Marc E.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Marc,

Is the old project built in DAVE 3.1.8?
In your attached project, the linker script template is Version 1.3 dated 26 Aug 2013. However, the latest template should be Version 1.4 dated 05 May 2014 for DAVE 3.1.10. Details can be found in "Information about Updates (May 16th post)" or "Update of DAVE v3.1.10 and new DAVE Apps libraries (update site v1.0.64)".

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
User8095
Level 2
Level 2
Hello Sophia,

i am astonished - the Project i sent is completely new.
It has nothing to do with the old one.
Dave 3.1.8 has been removed from the PC shortly after installing Dave 3.1.10
I tried to remove all artefacts left from Dave 3.1.8, obviously without success.
I faced the Problem that i had to correct wrong paths in Dave 3.1.10 in many cases but never found the reason why the old
paths of Dave 3.1.8 still existed.
So the question is: where does the wrong template came from?
And where is the correct one located?

Marc E.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Marc,

I understand the project you attached is newly built. What the "old project" I am referring to is the one you mentioned in your 1st post "... its neither possible to migrate an older project for the XMC4400 Step AA to the last version of DAVE 3...".
As I mentioned that the linker script template in your attached project (newly built in DAVE 3.1.10) is outdated. The linker script template is located under "C:\DAVE-3.1.10\CMSIS\Infineon\XMC4400_series\Source\GCC". You need to install the CMSIS patch in order to get the latest linker script template. Have you read those forum threads provided in my previous post?

Meanwhile, I have some more questions:
1) Do you mean that the newly built project with wrong path or the project previously built in DAVE 3.1.8 then moved to DAVE 3.1.10?
2) Did you use "Import DAVE Project" function to copy the old project (built in DAVE 3.1.18) to DAVE 3.1.10 workspace? Would you mind to share your old project?
3) Did you use "Apps Migration" function to migrate the Apps to the latest version in DAVE 3.1.10 before editing the old project?
4) Did you use "Uninstall DAVE-3.1.8" from Startup menu to remove DAVE 3.1.8?
5) Which path in DAVE 3.1.10 did you need to correct? Would you pls provide a snapshot?

FYI: I am able to add Apps, generate code and compile using your attached project.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes