Manual pin assignment for can bus

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Would it be possible to receive example code for a CAN bus example in Dave 3 with respect to the manual pin assignment for the XMC 4500 RELAX board? The provided examples only show the loopback mode in action and not with the actual pins.

Kind regards,
Moritz
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
The pin assignment is done in the CAN0 app. Connect a transceiver with a 3.3V interface, configure LMO's, connect interrupts and connect all signals properly, and everything should "just work". I will find one of my test projects later when I have access to my code.
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi Moritz,

Well you can just disabled the loop back mode in DAVE3 app and do a manual pin assignment to the CAN pins on the relax board as shown below. However please note that CAN node 0 is not used and there is no CAN transceiver on the relax kit.

1272.attach
0 Likes
Not applicable
I can't follow you. You mean that node0 is not used but why there's corresponding pin assignment in the figure. If I want to transmit data by node1, whether I have to assign pin1.12 for transmitting?
I write a program for transmitting data by node0 with pin3.2 by DAVE4, but it remains high level on the pin3.2. If I have to use node1, how to configure it in DAVE4? I don't know how to assign node1.
I guess, the node going to be used is assigned automatically by the pin selected. Is that correct?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

Node0 = P1.4 and p1.5
Node1 = P1.12 and P1.13

Connect your transceiver on P1.4 and P1.4. If you use Node1 then P1.12 and P1.13

1613.attach

1614.attach

I used for Node0 on my XMC4500x100 P14.3 and P0.0, because is from mapping point possible too
0 Likes