ASC BSL downloader as Dave CE application possible?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Infineon,

your asc bsl loader example 'ASCLoader' (XMC4500) doesn't make use of any dave apps, it's pure manually entered c code. And, as far as I see, doesn't make use of interrupts, uses polling instead. In file startup.s, all calls to dave initialisations are disabled.

My question: is code downloaded via asc bsl to psram limited to dave apps free applications without interrupts? Or is it also possible to run dave ce code downloaded via asc bsl to psram? If yes, how would be the approach and is there a possibility to debug dave ce code running in psram after download via asc bsl by using miniWiggler/Tasking debugger?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
Hi,

There are size limit on the code that can be place in the PSRAM.
Code generated by DAVE APP are generally larger in code size.
I believe this is the concern why the developer choose not to use DAVE APP.
0 Likes
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Jackson,

thanks for your fast answer. Then the only limit to use DAVE APPS downloaded via asc bsl will be the size of the PSRAM (minus few bytes for vectors), no further constraints.
So it should be possible, to download and start a DAVE CE application via asc bsl without any changes. You only have to use linker script file XMC4500_PSRAM.ld supplied with your example code instead of those generated by DAVE to locate code into PSRAM. The downloaded application will reinitialize the chip and override all initializations done by asc bsl SSW at PORST, i.e. all settings done by asc bsl SSW are lost. Especially code will set the clock frequency from 24 MHz used at asc bsl mode to 120 MHz. There are no constraints to debug code using miniWiggler, as long as code is loaded into PSRAM and fits into it. Please are all assumptions correct? No additional settings required?
0 Likes