xmc4500 flash read/write

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
sir,
i am working on serial wire debug protocol on cortex m4 processor(xmc4500) , i read xmc4500 reference manual chapter 8 PFLASH, One thing i didn't understand that how should i write/erase flash area, i am able to write data directly from 0x1000 0000 - 0x1000EFFF memory locations. but i am unable to write in the region 0x0800 0000. may i know the steps to configure registers before write into flash memory location.
like in stm32f4 first we have to unlock the flash memory by sending key to flash_keyr register then we have to check the bsy bit in flash_sr register then we have to set pg bit in flash_cr register then parallism bits to 64/32/16/8 depending on the requirement then we can able to write into flash memory region.
but hear in xmc4500 i didn't get a clear picture which registers should i have to configure before write into flash could you please explain me to step forward ??
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
From a user program only the non-cached portion of the Program Flash Bank is accessible, so you must write command sequences to 0C00 0000. Section 8.4.3 and 8.4.7.2 of the reference manual should help you!
0 Likes