XMC 4500 CMSIS Driver for Ethernet and USB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User9718
Level 1
Level 1
Dear Infineon

We have an STM32 Application and use USB Host (HSDPA Modem via CDC Device) and TCP/IP with 2 Interfaces (Ethernet/PPP). As Middleware we use Keil ARM.
We check if we can change to XMC500 because of the 3 CAN Interfaces and the Multi CAN Module.
The Keil Middleware supports CMSIS_Driver compliant Interface to the Hardware.
Are there any Infineon CMSIS Drivers for the On Chip USB and Ethernet MAC Modules ?
Does Infineon Plan to do such CMSIS:Drivers for the On Chip Peripherals (Ethernet MAC, USB, USIC Channels) ?

And to other Forum Members
How did you get the Keil Middleware to run on XMC4500 Devices ?

Thanks for your answers

Ingo
0 Likes
9 Replies
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi ibuchbau,

Are there any Infineon CMSIS Drivers for the On Chip USB and Ethernet MAC Modules ?

No, there is no plan for this, but driver can be found in the DAVE3 apps.

The driver for USB and Ethernet can be found in the DAVE3 app.

Example, if you select ETH003 or ETH004 app you can see that ETH001 (MAC driver) and ETH002 (PHY driver) are included.

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Ingo,

Have you managed to make the Keil Ethernet driver to work with the XMC4500?

Best regards,

Fernando

ibuchbau wrote:
Dear Infineon

We have an STM32 Application and use USB Host (HSDPA Modem via CDC Device) and TCP/IP with 2 Interfaces (Ethernet/PPP). As Middleware we use Keil ARM.
We check if we can change to XMC500 because of the 3 CAN Interfaces and the Multi CAN Module.
Does Infineon Plan to do such CMSIS:Drivers for the On Chip Peripherals (Ethernet MAC, USB, USIC Channels) ?

Thanks for your answers

Ingo
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Travis
Employee
Employee
Hi Guys,

I found these 2 Ethernet keil projects for XMC4500 in my data base, maybe you can give it a try as I am not sure if they are working good.

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes
User2235
Level 3
Level 3
Travis,
Is there an IAR EWARM version of this examples?
Ari.
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
Hi Amsantos,

So sorry I don't have. But you can port the code over.

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,Travis,
Have you managed to make the Keil USB driver to work with the XMC4500?

Best regards,
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,Travis,
Have you managed to make the Keil USB driver to work with the XMC4500?

Best regards,
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
Hi bullmonster,

we have available the USB device CMSIS Driver in the last version 2.02 in Keil. In Keil there is a button named pack installer where you can install vendor specifics packets(you needs to install the latest from Infineon) and examples.

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes
Not applicable
ibuchbau wrote:
Dear Infineon

Thanks for your answers

Ingo

Ingo,

I have Ethernet working on the Relax kit using Keil middleware, at first it did not work because the schematic for the board shows a KSZ8031 chip and the board has a KSZ8081 RNA chip. When I chose the proper controller the packets started flowing.

Best regards,

Fernando
0 Likes