CANN001 App send and receive frames

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

i would like to send and receive frames with the CAN interface. So i have instantiated on CAN001 instance (CAN001/0) and i have configured 10 MOs (Messge Objects). The MOs are from type transmit (it seems not to be possible to mix rx and tx MOs in the CAN001 GUI). I am able to send frames (i have a CAN tracer connected and i see that the frames will be transmitted correctly).
Whenever i try to configure one of the MOs as Receive MO i get an error.

I checked the examples and found that the examples all use two instances of CAN001 or CAN002.

The question:
Is it possible to receive and transmit data frames with one CAN001/CAN002 instance? If yes, how can i mix rx and tx MOs?

Thanks for the help.
Thomas

Hi,

in the meantime i found out how to mix rx and tx MOs.
Next Question:
How can i dynamically change the amount of MOs (tx and rx)?

The reference manual from the XMC4500 states that there are 64 Message Objects available which can be flexible assigned to each CAN node (rx/tx). But it is not possible to configure more than 10 MOs in the CAN001 GUI. Why does the GUI not support more than 10 MOs?

Thanks
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Thomas,

The number of message objects is limited to 10 in GUI configuration for CAN001 App due to the performance limitation in DAVE.
We will evaluate again for the next major release of DAVE.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

what do you mean wih "performance limitation in Dave"?

Which time will be increased if you would support all 64 MOs instead of 10?
- Just the generation time?
- Runtime?
I thought the HW handles the MOs. So where is the impact of DAVE?
What is the problem at this point?

Best Regards
Thomas
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Thomas,

The performance in Dave I am referring to is parameter change in UI, manual pin assignment etc. CAN App uses lot of java scripts in its manifest, results in slow response. Our DAVE developer is trying to optimize further in these aspects.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

i think it is a good idea to try to support as much as possible of the HW features the microcontroller offers.

Best Regards
Thomas
0 Likes