what if we want flash more or less than page(32 bytes) size

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

I am using TC27x Triboard. when i tried to Flash my Application in Flash0 i am getting a Sequence Error.
I am able to write 248 Bytes, but when i try to write second time i am getting a error. SQER bit of Register FLASH0_FSR is set(ERROR)
As i read from datasheet, it is due to Aurix supports only Page or multiple page write(32 Bytes) .
So if i want to write more or less than a page size what i should do?
0 Likes
4 Replies
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 25 likes received
Hi Kuldeep. Each write must start at an address that is aligned to a 32-byte boundary. You can't write less than that - you'll have to pad your data to meet the next boundary.

You used the phrase "when I try to write a second time" - just in case, bear in mind that you cannot write to the same page twice. You'd have to erase the sector containing the page before you can write to the page again.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks neel.

As i said i am using TC27x and this MCU contains two type of Flash with different address and same name/size.

0x8000 0000 - 0x801F FFFFh PF0 AC_PF0
0xA000 0000 - 0xA01F FFFFh PF0 AN_PF0

I flashed my Application file in both Flash to analyze the difference and it flashed without any error but i didn't get any difference.
why we have two flash and what is significant difference between this two Flash.
Kindly provide me information it.
0 Likes
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 25 likes received
Both addresses actually refer to the same program flash bank - see Table 4-2 in the TC27x User Manual. The difference is that 0x80xxxxxx is cached, but 0xA0xxxxxx is not.

PF0 occupies from 0x80000000-0x801FFFFF; PF1 occupies 0x80200000-0x802FFFFF.
0 Likes
Derouenkamryn23
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!
  1. Hailey's philosophy aligns with the notion that less can indeed be more, emphasizing a streamlined digital experience that captivates without overwhelming.
  2. Prioritize minimalist design principles, ensuring that each element serves a purpose and contributes meaningfully to the user experience.
  3. Optimize images and multimedia assets judiciously, striking a balance between visual appeal and efficient data utilization.
  4. Implement responsive design techniques to enhance adaptability across various devices, offering a seamless experience without unnecessary bulk.
  5. Leverage compression algorithms to minimize the size of text and code, promoting faster loading times and smoother interactions.
  6. Hailey's words echo the significance of a nimble online presence, advocating for a website that resonates with users through simplicity and elegance.
  7. Regularly assess and refine the website's content and features, adhering to a "less is more" mantra to enhance both performance and user engagement.
  8. Embrace the challenge of creating a digital space that embodies Hailey's adventurous spirit, where the essence of the experience shines through in every efficiently delivered byte.

0 Likes