Attempting to connect 4 ADC002 apps to the trigger of 1 NVIC_SCU001 app.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Attempting to connect 4 ADC002 apps to the trigger of 1 NVIC_SCU001 app.

A few questions.
1.) As ADC002 apps are created are ADC groups consumed in order, 0,1,2,3?
2.) As ADCCH001 apps are added to an ADC002 app are channels created in order?
3.) What is the correct way to start ADC conversions on 4 separate ADC002 apps with 1 trigger signal?
0 Likes
1 Reply
oreste
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 50 replies posted 25 replies posted
Hi Doug,
I can answer to the first email for the last one I have to ask to our colleagues that have developed this apps>
1 & 2) No they are not mapped in the order. Dave decide the association between apps virtual or logic resources and HW resources based on the connectivity and pin constraint that the user input.

Eg. Consider the example ADC002_Example1 that you can download from Example project update site
The analog io IO002 is connected to the channel app ADCCH001 and the channel is connected to one Source ADC002 and this app is connected to the group app.
If you change the pin constraint of IO002, Dave will propagate this user requirement to all the connected app so it can change the channel associated with ADCCH001 and also the group.
This abstraction gives the user the possibility to rearrange the pin and the internal conenctivity without having to change the user code. ( your API and the name of the app will not change).
In fact you should be aware that in XMC4000 everything is NOT connected to everything.

This can be appreciated for example if you trigger the ADC with a timer e.g. a PWM app and also your PWM app have also an output signal. So if you change the PWM pin output this could require a different ADC group and so different channel and so... (you can get some idea if you read the VADC interconnect chapter).

I hope I have answered to your question. Regarding the last one I will check.

Best Regards
Oreste
0 Likes