Selecting UART pins to be used in UART001 APP?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

I am completely new to DAVE and microcontroller programming in general, so this will probably be an easy question for more experienced people here. I'm trying to understand how the UART001 app works, using the UART001_Example1. I was wondering where I can select the pins being used for the UART communication? I'm using the XMC4500 relax kit, and tried pins 16/17 on the board (connected to P1.4 and P1.5 on the chip) because my predecessor did so, and apparently those are the pins that are being used. But where can I change them? I would expect something like this in the APP configuration, no?

I don't seem to find a lot of aid on Google, and I have no one around me with experience in DAVE, so I'm just asking it here.

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
Hi,

You can use Manual Pin Assignment function to change the pins.
In DAVE CE perspective, click on "Manual Pin Assignment" button from the tool bar to open the "Manual Pin Assignment" window. You need to click "Save And Solve" to confirm the changes.

Details can be found in DAVE help document:
Go to: >Help>Help Contents>DAVE User Manual>Manual Pin Assignment

Remember to re-generate the code (click the "Generate Code" button) before compiling.

Since you are new to DAVE, I recommend you the go through the DAVE User Manual (from DAVE help contents) as well as some videos (from DAVE Support Portal).

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes