TC275 CAN Problem with loopback mode off

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I have been trying to use CAN controller of TC275 and have gone through the driver code given by infineon. In the reference code I the CAN nodes are connected via loopback mode. When configuring it that way I can recieve data being sent from one node to the other. But when I turn off the loopback mode and connect CANalyzer with CAN0 pins I get no communication. Can anybody tell me what is it that I must be missing ?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Sundar1
Employee
Employee
Hi,
If the communication is fine with the loopback mode, and not when loopback mode is disabled; Mostly it is the problem with either port pin configuration or physical line connection.
By any chance if you are using the Infineon's demo code, Please let me know the information being printed in the hyperterminal while you run the demo.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Yeah I checked the configurations again. The IOCR8 register was not being configured properly it had its reset value in it. After making the appropriate changes the CAN communication worked correctly.
0 Likes