+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XC2000 MiniWiggler V3 Tasking VX debugging

7killer

XC2000 MiniWiggler V3 Tasking VX debugging

Hello all,
    I use a design with an xc2000 controller and recently buy a mini wiggler v3 tools because i wanna make some debugging on my application.

After some problems to adapt OCDS 20 pins to the JTAG interface , i sucessfully connected my board to DAS server and under Tasking VX.

My main problem at this point is i can not achieve debugging of C code.

I can program and run my application but when i try to add a breakpoint on the c code that s said me that i can not put a breakpoint here ( every where give the same result),
    When i put a sbrk assembler instruction, the program stop and the diassembly window appears
    When i put the program is pause, dissamssembly windows appears too...
    Others strange points are , depending of debug configuration, the debugger should stop a 1rst instruction of man function, this behavior never appears : /

So Is it possible to debug C code with a miniwigglerV3 or i need a tantino debugger to make it ?

Thanks for help
    SC.

Rou
    Hi SC,

By any chance you have a DAP miniwiggler V2 to try it out?
    It is working find for me all the time while using miniwiggler V2.
    I personally did not have miniwigger V3, so I can't really comment whether it has to do with the miniwiggler or not.

rgds,
    Rou

7killer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rou View Post
    Hi SC,

By any chance you have a DAP miniwiggler V2 to try it out?
    It is working find for me all the time while using miniwiggler V2.
    I personally did not have miniwigger V3, so I can't really comment whether it has to do with the miniwiggler or not.

rgds,
    Rou
    Hello ,
    thx for answer, i didn't have a V2...
    Is the V2 has an OCDS connector or JTAG ones? may i make a mistake with the connexion :/
    rgds
    sc

Jackson
    Hi SC,

Yes, the V2 has an OCDS connector as well as 10-pin DAP connector.

New Member New Member Aishwarya123 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 7killer View Post
    Hello all,
    I use a design with an xc2000 controller and recently buy a mini wiggler v3 tools because i wanna make some debugging on my application.

After some problems to adapt OCDS 20 pins to the JTAG interface , i sucessfully connected my board to DAS server and under Tasking VX.

My main problem at this point is i can not achieve debugging of C code.

I can program and run my application but when i try to add a breakpoint on the c code that s said me that i can not put a breakpoint here ( every where give the same result),
    When i put a sbrk assembler instruction, the program stop and the diassembly window appears
    When i put the program is pause, dissamssembly windows appears too...
    Others strange points are , depending of debug configuration, the debugger should stop a 1rst instruction of man function, this behavior never appears : /

So Is it possible to debug C code with a miniwigglerV3 or i need a tantino debugger to make it ?

Thanks for help
    SC.

HI SC

i am not able to flashing of xc2321 controller with Dap miniwiggler 3.1 using 20pin interface.
    Can you please share the circuit diagram.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.