XC2000 MiniWiggler V3 Tasking VX debugging

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello all,
I use a design with an xc2000 controller and recently buy a mini wiggler v3 tools because i wanna make some debugging on my application.

After some problems to adapt OCDS 20 pins to the JTAG interface , i sucessfully connected my board to DAS server and under Tasking VX.

My main problem at this point is i can not achieve debugging of C code.

I can program and run my application but when i try to add a breakpoint on the c code that s said me that i can not put a breakpoint here ( every where give the same result),
When i put a sbrk assembler instruction, the program stop and the diassembly window appears
When i put the program is pause, dissamssembly windows appears too...
Others strange points are , depending of debug configuration, the debugger should stop a 1rst instruction of man function, this behavior never appears : /

So Is it possible to debug C code with a miniwigglerV3 or i need a tantino debugger to make it ?

Thanks for help
SC.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Hi SC,

By any chance you have a DAP miniwiggler V2 to try it out?
It is working find for me all the time while using miniwiggler V2.
I personally did not have miniwigger V3, so I can't really comment whether it has to do with the miniwiggler or not.

rgds,
Rou
0 Likes
Not applicable
Rou wrote:
Hi SC,

By any chance you have a DAP miniwiggler V2 to try it out?
It is working find for me all the time while using miniwiggler V2.
I personally did not have miniwigger V3, so I can't really comment whether it has to do with the miniwiggler or not.

rgds,
Rou

Hello ,
thx for answer, i didn't have a V2...
Is the V2 has an OCDS connector or JTAG ones? may i make a mistake with the connexion 😕
rgds
sc
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi SC,

Yes, the V2 has an OCDS connector as well as 10-pin DAP connector.
0 Likes
User18689
Level 1
Level 1
7killer wrote:
Hello all,
I use a design with an xc2000 controller and recently buy a mini wiggler v3 tools because i wanna make some debugging on my application.

After some problems to adapt OCDS 20 pins to the JTAG interface , i sucessfully connected my board to DAS server and under Tasking VX.

My main problem at this point is i can not achieve debugging of C code.

I can program and run my application but when i try to add a breakpoint on the c code that s said me that i can not put a breakpoint here ( every where give the same result),
When i put a sbrk assembler instruction, the program stop and the diassembly window appears
When i put the program is pause, dissamssembly windows appears too...
Others strange points are , depending of debug configuration, the debugger should stop a 1rst instruction of man function, this behavior never appears : /

So Is it possible to debug C code with a miniwigglerV3 or i need a tantino debugger to make it ?

Thanks for help
SC.

HI SC

i am not able to flashing of xc2321 controller with Dap miniwiggler 3.1 using 20pin interface.
Can you please share the circuit diagram.
0 Likes