TLI4970-D050T4 measurements precision.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I start work with this current sensor. I use TLI4970050 EV-BOARD.
I remove all 0 Ohm resistors attached to TLI4970 and connect TLI to own board
by wires.
All of TLI options are set to default.
I measure current value by PIC microcontroller through SPI and send result to
UART. Zero current point in specification is 4096. Resolution is 0.0125A per point.
Error of measurement should not exceed 0.025 A.

Sample result list of measurements is below. As You can see, errors measurement
are too large.

SPI Calculate [(SPI-4096)*0,0125]

4096 0,0000
4100 0,0500
4103 0,0875
4108 0,1500
4098 0,0250
4093 -0,0375

943.attach

0 Likes
9 Replies
Not applicable
Dear Karmer,
I bought Hall Effect Current Sensor click from Mikroe and it's contain TLI4970-D050T4 ,
Where I can found the datasheet that contain the details of SPI for this IC?
also are you work with mikroc language to receive data from the IC?
Thank.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Dear Karmer,
I bought Hall Effect Current Sensor click from Mikroe and it's contain TLI4970-D050T4 ,
Where I can found the datasheet that contain the details of SPI for this IC?
also are you work with mikroc language to receive data from the IC?
Thank.
0 Likes
User9050
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
Hello karmer,

The measurement setup is not clear as you should get the same results as with the Evaluation board.

Please send a detailled measurement setup, a failure description and a schematic to support your case.

You may use the product support channel via http://www.infineon.com/productsupport.
0 Likes
User9050
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
Hello a7med600,

Regrettably the datasheet is not published yet. As I can see at mikroe's site the schematics and sample Software code is available for the Hall Effect Current Sensor Click.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you for your response.

For a7med600. I wrote to Infineon and I received all datasheets by email. There are all information about SPI communication.

Thanks Schulz. I found all necessary information. We bought PGSISI2 programmer and we checked the measurements. The measurements are great after change bandwitch :-). Thanks a lot for help.

But we have got another thing during programming. We use PGSISI2 for programming.

The programming was done successfully only one time. After next the whole EEPROM has only '1'. I replaced TLI on the new. During programming I have got in EPPROM only '1' all the time. Is it normal that during programming the EEPROM bit for read only are reprogrammed (e.g. CHIP_ID)? IC still works and measurements also, but I can not programm it again. Set data in RAM not work. Below I put some screen shots and jumpers configuration.

The jumpers settings on the Evaluation Board are:

JP4, JP6 - PGSISI2 power supply
J10 (DIN_OCD) - disable
JP5, JP7 (EXT_TRIG) - disable
J4 (Vprog) - enable
J8 (CS_B) - enable

Screen shots:
998.attach999.attach

Did anybody knows, how a correct jumpers configuration should be? I set the jumpers like in the datasheet.
How looks proper programming with PGSISI2 and eval board? Maybe I took wrong ordering. Do I must send value to RAM first time and next burn into EEPROM or directly burn into EEPROM? Any idea?
0 Likes
User270
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored
Hello karmer,

The jumper settings can be verified with the help of table 3 in the "User’s Manual Software Description for Evaluation Rev. 1.2, 2013-06-06" which should have been delivered with the Evaluation Board. Please be aware of the different Interfaces SPI and the SICI Interface. The chapter "3.1.2 Normal Operation" explains the use of different data pins. Please consult the following chapters 3.1.x as well.

Best regards.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank for response.
So, I read datasheet again. I set up all pins properly.
I use the EEPROM map window to set registers. I set e.g. LP_Setting, HP, PR data register properly and programing was done successfully. But when I want set OVCL data to "00001" value (3A overcurrent flag), the EEPROM was damage. There are only "1". Of course after that I can't programming sensor any way. I can't explain why it's not working. If I don't find answers we will not be able to use it in our project, hence help me, please :-).
0 Likes
User8337
Level 3
Level 3
I'm sorry,could I use the TLI4970 without buying the EVM board?I think many people have the same question with me.The datasheet of TLI4970 refers to “The
instruction for the serial inspection and configuration interface(SICI) can be found in the TLI4970 programming guide”,but we can't find the so-called TLI4970 programming guide anywhere.Can you provide us some information?Thank you.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello!
Please, help! What is the protocol for flash EEPROM?
How to flash TLI4970 without PGSISI-2?
Who realties connected a logic analyzer during programming?
Memory capacity of 96 bits, a bit responsible for what?
Is It was difficult to make a full SPI configuration 😞
0 Likes