Syntax errors in EEPROM emulation driver???

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I am going to use EEPROM Emulation Driver for XC2000 / XE166 (09 Jul 2012) (http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/channel.html?channel=db3a304323b87bc20123e1c4d1852457&tab=2)
I unpacked downloaded archives and added eeprom.c and eeprom.h files to the project in Keil.
In the project there is a definition
#define __shuge huge

It is not compiling! The problem is that definitions like "__shuge int *" lead to syntax errors from compiler.

While in Keil description of 'huge' it is said that it sould be "int __shuge *" (http://www.keil.com/support/man/docs/c166/c166_le_huge.htm)

What is a secret idea of using inverse syntax in the driver? Should I correct it everywhere in the driver or how should I compile it (in a special way?...) ?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
Your compiler is not recognising the __shuge keyword.
You might need to configure it differently or use a different compiler.
0 Likes
Not applicable
The EEPROM Emulation driver is developed using Tasking VX toolset.
You have to use TASKING IDE in order to work correctly.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Jackson wrote:
The EEPROM Emulation driver is developed using Tasking VX toolset.
You have to use TASKING IDE in order to work correctly.

Ok I am willing to concede this, but does this important note appear anywhere?
0 Likes
Not applicable
PythonicBard wrote:
Your compiler is not recognising the __shuge keyword.
You might need to configure it differently or use a different compiler.

Why not? It substitutes __shuge with huge, but though bumps into suntax like "huge int" while it should be "int huge"
0 Likes
Not applicable
It is mentioned that the demo program is developed in TASKING VX-toolset in the Application Note, Chapter 6.4 Demonstration Program.
However, it does not clearly describe that the EEPROM driver itself is also developed with TASKING VX-toolset.
We are sorry for not describe it clearly.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Jackson wrote:
It is mentioned that the demo program is developed in TASKING VX-toolset in the Application Note, Chapter 6.4 Demonstration Program.
However, it does not clearly describe that the EEPROM driver itself is also developed with TASKING VX-toolset.
We are sorry for not describe it clearly.

Thank you.
Is it possible still to use the driver in Keil somehow or it is out of Infineon competence/interest?
0 Likes