Experienced problem after Dave Device Migration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello Infineon Team,

I have a project that needed to be migrated from the XMC4500 E144x1024 step AA to the XMC4500 F144x1024 step AB processor.

After migrating I found out that I had a corrupted .cproject file in which the old processor family was inserted instead of the new one. At first I did not notice the problem (my project settings showed the correct, new processor family) but when a colleague tried to use the project on another PC the solver and source generation failed due to having the wrong, old processor family registered in the settings.
This may not be a general device migration problem, but I thought you may want to check this.

Best regards
Valentina
0 Likes
9 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Valentina,

1) Did you have the same problem since the migration was done on your PC?
2) Would you pls provide a snapshot of the corrupted .cproject?
3) Is it possible to share your original project built for XMC4500 E144x1024 step AA? If your project is confidential, you can send it via Product Support channel and indicate the requester, in this case is me.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

I reproduced the problem for you:
I have created a clean new project without apps or any modifications and executed the device migration (-E144x1024 to -F144x1024-AB). The .cproject file of the migrated project is attached to this post. If you search for "XMC4500-E144x1024" in the file you will find it twice. In my original project I replaced these two search results with "XMC4500-F144x1024-AB". This solved the problems my colleagues had with my project.

Best regards
Valentina
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Valentina,

I've tried to create a new empty project and perform device migration according to your procedure. I'm able to find both "XMC4500-E144x1024" & "XMC4500-F144x1024-AB" in the .cproject (Each appears 2 times at 2 different locations) which is the same as your attachment.
Location1) XMC4500-E144x1024

Location2) XMC4500-F144x1024-AB

Do you mean that you need to replace "XMC4500-E144x1024" with "XMC4500-F144x1024-AB" in Location1 in order to let it run on your colleagues' PC?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

yes, replacing "XMC4500-E144x1024" with "XMC4500-F144x1024-AB" in location 1 was our workaround to make the solver on another PC work. If you check the project settings of your test project you will find the correct processor family "XMC4500-F144x1024-AB" at the MCU selection page. When I copied my migrated project to another PC this setting seemed to be loaded incorrectly so that the old processor family "XMC4500-E144x1024" was displayed at the MCU selection page.

Regards,
Valentina
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Valentina,

My migrated project is able to compile and run on my colleagues' PC (using Export then Import function to move the DAVE project)
1) Did you use "Export/Import DAVE Project" function to copy the migrated project to another PC?
2) Did you use any version control tools for your DAVE project?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

yes, we used the export/import Dave project function.
Indeed, we are using Subversion to save our projects. At first we checked out the project from the repositiory. When we located the problem we tried it with copying the project to a network drive and then copying it to the local drive before importing it. The problem persisted even without using the repository to share the project.
Thank you for making sure that this is not a general problem. In the case that it happens again I will report it back to you.

Best regards
Valentina
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

something just crossed my mind. You wrote that your project compiled and ran on your colleagues' PC. Have you also tried to solve and generate the code? And did you check if the correct processor family is set in your colleagues' project settings? The solver may not throw errors due to the project containing just simple apps with few restrictions like IO004. We only noticed that there was a problem because many of the apps were manually assigned to IO pins or resources (e.g. PWM or POSQE apps) which could not be solved by Dave on a different PC.

Best regards.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Valentina,

Yes, we have tried to add IO004 and do manual pin assignment, execute solver and generate code. Exactly same as what you requested. Everything works fine...
Are you able to send us your checked out project?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

unfortunately I am not allowed to send you the project. In the case that I am facing this issue again, I will send you a non-confidential project.

Best regards.
0 Likes