XMC4500 F144K1024 Step AB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Concern with DAVE3 Libraries supporting the Step AB. I've been using the Step AA as part of my initial planning and layout of apps added in for my project.
I received a XMC4500 Hex kit and the processor step is AB. I created a new project to start migration to that Step, and found ETH003 not in the listing and
I began adding around that, I very quickly hit the wall where there were no resources available. For instance, I was going to change an use ETH004, and when
I attempted to add RTOS, I get the HW Resources not sharable constraint?

I have a custom board arriving in house with Step AC, and now very concerned that what I've been developing for months on the Relax Kit (Step AA) will be invalid and have to pick a new part

I'm going to attempt to use the step AA as the MCU to generate my application and attempt to run in on the Hexagon AB part.

Carl
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
Hi Carl,

You can build your project on step AA then use "Device Migration" function to migrate to step AB/AC.
(Go to: > DAVE > Device Migration > Select required target device in Device Migration window)

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes