CMSIS Drivers (ETH) for XMC4500

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi all,
does anyone knows if there is a CMSIS ETH Driver for XMC4500 available or a plan if it might be added to the DFP for KEIL MDK.

Thanks,
Frank
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Uhh, I dont think so. You have to use DAvE in order to get an Ethernet driver quickly.
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi,

You can use the follwoing apps from DAVE3.

1. ETH001 >> Driver for ETH MAC
2. ETH002 >> Driver for PHY

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Travis,
thanks for your response. I know that the ETH1/ETH2 Drivers do have the functionality needed. But still there is a gap in the Interface (CMSIS) between the DAVE Drivers and the KEIL IP Stack which I expected to be closed by the Infineon DFP/BSP for KEIL MDK. Can you suggest an example which can speed up my neccessary work, or is a CMSIS abstraction layer for the DAVE ETH Drivers in place.

Best regards,
Frank
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Frank wrote:
Hi Travis,
thanks for your response. I know that the ETH1/ETH2 Drivers do have the functionality needed. But still there is a gap in the Interface (CMSIS) between the DAVE Drivers and the KEIL IP Stack which I expected to be closed by the Infineon DFP/BSP for KEIL MDK. Can you suggest an example which can speed up my neccessary work, or is a CMSIS abstraction layer for the DAVE ETH Drivers in place.

Best regards,
Frank

Hi Frank,

So sorry to say that the CMSIS abstraction layer do not have any relationship with ETH001/002 etc. May I suggest that you port the codes from ETH001/002 into your KEIL platform as they are pretty standard software.

best regards
Travis
0 Likes