DAVE TIP of the day: How to combine existing/3rd party SW with DAVE Apps?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
SW that doesn’t require XMC specific configurations of peripherals or system resources like Clock, Systick, etc. can be added to a DAVE project as in any other IDE.
SW that configures chip resources can also be simply added to a DAVE project.

In order to avoid resource conflicts with the SW from DAVE Apps, the DAVE “Reserve Resource Group” feature can be used:
Go to: > DAVE > Select "Reserve Resource Group" > Input the resource group starting with a slash in the first free field (eg. /cpu/) in "Reserved resource group" window > Press "CTRL + SPACE" > All matched resource group options are listed > Select required resource group(s) (eg. /cpu/0/systick) > click “Solve and Save” --> All selected resource groups will be reserved

Details can be found in Help documentation:
Go to: > Help > Help contents > DAVE user manual > 6 Menu > 6.16 Reserve Resource Group
0 Likes
3 Replies
User7902
Level 2
Level 2
Hello sophia,

for ease of use it would be great to have a "load" Button in that Dialog, where one can load the resource assignments exported from another project.
Or even the chance to copy blocks from/to the clipboard by ctrl-c/ctrl-v.

Regards,
Daniel
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Daniel,

Can you explain in details on "load the resource assignments exported from another project"? Do you using other IDEs except DAVE?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
User7902
Level 2
Level 2
Hello Sophia,

in the "Resource Mapping Information" Dialog there are "export" Buttons. Currently, they seem to be useful only for documentation purpose (if i have not missed something). I thought, one should have the chance to load i.e. some (selectable) pin or resource mapping from another Dave Project there.
The point is: Dave seems to solve pin mappings only inside one project. I tried to create modules (project A for Motor Control Peripherie, project B for Temperature Peripherie, ...) and referencing them from the main project, but the Solver didn't recognize the reference.
Of course i'm able to hack in every single pin mapping in the "Reserve Resource Group" Dialog, but it seems a little bit clumsy to me.
I'm not sure how to handle modularization in Dave3...

BR,
Daniel
0 Likes