Difference between Infineon TC27x and TC23x microcontroller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello Infineon/Users,

Is there a possibility to get a difference document between Infineon Tricore architecture based Microcontrollers TC27x and TC23x ?

Regards,
Subhashis Samantasinghar
0 Likes
3 Replies
Markus_Kroh
Employee
Employee
Dear Subhashis,

The complete AURIX material like data sheet, user Manual, etc. is stored on www.myinfineon.com and there you can easily find the differences.. Or you check the Homepage www.infineon.com/aurix. The main difference Feature set, Performance and number of cores (TC23x is single core and the TC27x is Multi core)
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Markus,

Thank you for your reply. I have the required data sheets for TC27x and TC23x and also i am aware of the basic differences like single core and multi core, some modules like FCE, HSSL, MSC, DSADC, I2C, PSI5, etc that are present in TC27x series but not in TC23x. Similarly TC23x has an ADAS module which is not present for TC27x. However i am looking for a single document that details out the differences between TC27x and TC23x microcontrollers. For example: GTM (Generic Timer Module) architecture is different in both the microcontrollers, whcih i found by comparing both the sheets. I want to find similar modules which even though present in both the microntroller series but yet are different.
0 Likes
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 25 likes received
Subhashis Smaantasinghar wrote:
I have the required data sheets for TC27x and TC23x and also i am aware of the basic differences like single core and multi core, some modules like FCE, HSSL, MSC, DSADC, I2C, PSI5, etc that are present in TC27x series but not in TC23x. Similarly TC23x has an ADAS module which is not present for TC27x. However i am looking for a single document that details out the differences between TC27x and TC23x microcontrollers. For example: GTM (Generic Timer Module) architecture is different in both the microcontrollers, whcih i found by comparing both the sheets. I want to find similar modules which even though present in both the microcontroller series but yet are different.

The other differences are more obvious: different numbers of VADC channels, CAN channels, DMA channels, etc.

A less obvious but less drastic difference is that TC27x silicon steps prior to -Cx did not support CAN FD.
0 Likes