Banner_AURIX_Security-Solution Banner_AURIX_Security-Solution Banner_AURIX_Security-Solution Banner_AURIX_Security-Solution

infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@google+ Google+

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difference between Infineon TC27x and TC23x microcontroller

Subhashis Smaantasinghar

Difference between Infineon TC27x and TC23x microcontroller

Hello Infineon/Users,

Is there a possibility to get a difference document between Infineon Tricore architecture based Microcontrollers TC27x and TC23x ?

Regards,
    Subhashis Samantasinghar

Moderator Moderator Markus Kroh is on a distinguished road
    Dear Subhashis,

The complete AURIX material like data sheet, user Manual, etc. is stored on www.myinfineon.com and there you can easily find the differences.. Or you check the Homepage www.infineon.com/aurix. The main difference Feature set, Performance and number of cores (TC23x is single core and the TC27x is Multi core)

Subhashis Smaantasinghar
    Hello Markus,

Thank you for your reply. I have the required data sheets for TC27x and TC23x and also i am aware of the basic differences like single core and multi core, some modules like FCE, HSSL, MSC, DSADC, I2C, PSI5, etc that are present in TC27x series but not in TC23x. Similarly TC23x has an ADAS module which is not present for TC27x. However i am looking for a single document that details out the differences between TC27x and TC23x microcontrollers. For example: GTM (Generic Timer Module) architecture is different in both the microcontrollers, whcih i found by comparing both the sheets. I want to find similar modules which even though present in both the microntroller series but yet are different.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Neal Manson is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Subhashis Smaantasinghar View Post
    I have the required data sheets for TC27x and TC23x and also i am aware of the basic differences like single core and multi core, some modules like FCE, HSSL, MSC, DSADC, I2C, PSI5, etc that are present in TC27x series but not in TC23x. Similarly TC23x has an ADAS module which is not present for TC27x. However i am looking for a single document that details out the differences between TC27x and TC23x microcontrollers. For example: GTM (Generic Timer Module) architecture is different in both the microcontrollers, whcih i found by comparing both the sheets. I want to find similar modules which even though present in both the microcontroller series but yet are different.
    The other differences are more obvious: different numbers of VADC channels, CAN channels, DMA channels, etc.

A less obvious but less drastic difference is that TC27x silicon steps prior to -Cx did not support CAN FD.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.