Problems with USBVC001 App

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

I have successfully tested the USBVC001 App with a new DAVE CE Project. I can connect the virtual com port in hyper terminal and sending & receiving works fine.

Then I added this app to an other Project. There I have the Problem that I cannot connect the comport in hyper terminal.

Does anyone know why or where I can search for Problems?

The Device Manager Shows the comport as "Communications Port (COM22)" and says that the device works fine.

Can anyone help me?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
I found that I have difference in the CLK001_USBDIV in the USB example program and my Software.

With the Default Setting CLK001_USBDIV=0, I have following Problem:

after connecting the USB plug there Comes a Message that the device was not recognized. In the device Manager i find the message "Dieses Gerät wurde angehalten, weil es Fehler gemeldet hat. (Code 43)".

When I Change CLK001_USBDIV to 3 like the USB example program that works I have following Problem:

The Device Manager Shows the comport as "Communications Port (COM22)" and says that the device works fine. In hyper-terminal finds the com port after several times clicking refresh com ports, but cannot connect to this com-port.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Thomas,

I think you should use USBD_VCOM App instead of USBVC001 App.
When you mouse over the USBVC001[1.0.18] in "App Selection View", you get "USBVC001 App is deprecated and new App USBD_VCOM(1.0.0) can be used for the same functionality".
You may try the latest example "USBD_VCOM_Example1".

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Zain,

I tried the new USBD_VOM_Ecample 1 it works fine till I´ve made the device Migration "'XMC4500-F144x1024-AB' to 'XMC4500-F100x1024-AB '".

The device Migration made no failures. But after Connection the USB Connection there Comes in Windows the message "USB device not identified".

Is there a Special Setting that I have to do?

Regard,
Thomas
0 Likes
Not applicable
I tried to get the example running again and it works fine after device Migration.

Further I added the USBD_VCOM_app into my existing Project.

In the example Project the "USB_Clock_Divider" is 4 and the "Actual USB Frequency" is 46 MHz. After adding the usb app into my existing Project I have "USB_Clock_Divider = 1" and "Actual USB Frequency" 187 MHz.

Why is this different and can the USB frequency higher than my 120 MHz System frequency?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Thomas,

Is your project newly built in DAVE 3.1.10? What are the other Apps in your project? Did you make any changes in CLK001 App?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes