DAVE TIP of the day: What to do when get solver errors?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
The DAVE resource solver is used to map required chip resources to the available resources of the selected MCU considering all relevant constraints defined by the user (e.g. manual pin assignment), or given by the HW design (connectivity options). It is also used for chip relevant plausibility checks when adding a new DAVE App or performing resource relevant configurations.
During a solver run, DAVE does quite a few checks that may result in an error message. Below lists all related error messages, the possible root cause and the suggestion to the users.

Error Message1: "Failed to update one or more resources in the application model, please see the error log for more information”
1. Solver is executed successfully and returned the valid results, but processing of solver results failed
- This could be due to absence or partial installation of DD (Device Description)
2. Suggestion to users: install the Device Descriptions Library (delete or un-install if already installed, details see below)

Error Message2: Error occurred while connecting to the solver process
1. Connection to solver process failed
- communication problem, TCP port may be already in use by other application
2. Already implemented functionality in DAVE 3.1.10: if connection failed, 4 attempts are made to connect to solver process using different port numbers (increment of port number in preferences)
3. Suggestion to users: change the TCP port number in the DAVE CE preference page (->Window ->Preferences ->Dave ->DAVE CE Preferences), restart DAVE

Error Message3: Execution of solver query failed
1. Solver process is launched & connected successfully
2. No response from the Solver (java timeout of 60 seconds)
- Although connected successfully this indicates a communication problem
3. Suggestion to users: Change the TCP port number in DAVE CE preferences & restart DAVE

Error Message4: Resource mapping failed, please review the user defined constraints
2. Solver returns the result indicating the timeout (by default 15 seconds is the solver timeout) & it is interpreted as “no possible solution” because the chip doesn’t provide the required resources. In very rare cases a solution with a higher time out may be found, therefore it might help to increase the time in the DAVE CE preferences to 30 or 60 sec.
3. Suggestion to users: remove required resources (DAVE Apps) or signal connection or pin assignment constraint and then run the solver again.

Error Message5: Error occurred while creating the solver process
1. Creation of Solver process failed
- This could be due to lack of permission to create new process
2. Suggestion to users: Access rights of user needs to be checked (admin rights missing, suggestion to start DAVE with admin rights: right mouse click on DAVE-3.1.10.exe in the eclipse folder and select “run as administrator”)

Error Message 6: Error occurred while executing solver
This is a general error message and analysis of the log files is required.
The log files (.log and solver.log) are located under the workspace .metadata folder (eg. C:\DAVE3_Workspace\.metadata).

If none of the above hints helps, please provide us the log files so that we can do a more detailed analysis with these files.

Delete (rename) and re-install the Device Descriptions libraries:

The device description libraries are located together with the DAVE Apps libraries and example project Libraries in the local repository: C:\Users\\Infineon\D3LibraryStore_3.1.10

Instead of deletion we recommend to rename the existing library store and then install it again. In this cases the renamed library store can still be used.
The used library store is defined in the Library Manager preferences (Go to: >Window>Preferences>Dave>Library Manager).

Instructions:
Close DAVE
Rename the folder D3LibaryStore_3.1.10 to a different name
Start DAVE

Install the actual DAVE Apps and Device Description Library:
Go to: >Help>Install DAVE Apps/Example Library --> Select "Work with: DAVE Apps Library Manager" --> Press Select All and continue…
0 Likes
11 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

Thank you for the tips.

I have a question regarding "Error Message4: Resource mapping failed, please review the user defined constraints".

The suggestion is...

3. Suggestion to users: remove required resources (DAVE Apps) or signal connection or pin assignment constraint and then run the solver again.

I cannot see any conflicts in the Resource Mapping dialog tabs. Is there a dialog or file I can look at to give more details of the resources which are in conflict so I can change or remove them ? For example, is the problem in an ADC app, an IO app etc.

Thank you very much
Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

Yes, you are right. Currently the solver does not report the detected resource conflict. However, this feature enhancement (eTicket 251486100) has been taken up for the future DAVE major release. I'm afraid that you need to find out the possible conflict based on last added App for this time being.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
User8570
Level 3
Level 3
Sophia

I am getting this error on my Dave App. Using another PC, I can be able to open the project properly. Any ideas what could be wrong?737.attach
0 Likes
Not applicable
I get the message "Error occurred while executing solver"
but can not find the log files .log and solver.log
What can I do?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

To clarify:
1) Have you been asked to choose a workspace folder when you launched the DAVE (eg. C:\DAVE3_Workspace)?

934.attach

2) When the error message appears?

The log files (.log and solver.log) are located under the workspace .metadata folder (eg. C:\DAVE3_Workspace\.metadata).

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
I have tried reinstalling the libraries by renaming them and then reinstalling and I am still getting the "Error occurred while executing solver" attached are my log files
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
Sophia,

I keep getting the error message "Error occured while executing solver" and I don't know what the log files are telling me. Attached are the mentioned files, I hope you can help me.

Regards,
Ahmed

0 Likes
Not applicable
Error Message3: Execution of solver query failed
2. No response from the Solver (java timeout of 60 seconds)
- Although connected successfully this indicates a communication problem
3. Suggestion to users: Change the TCP port number in DAVE CE preferences & restart DAVE

This suggestion does not work for me. After getting restart and changing TCP port i got the same error. any tip?
0 Likes
User11706
Level 2
Level 2
Hello Laura,

In the Workspace folder, there is a .metadata folder.
Try to remove it and restart Dave, it fixed my issues with Solver

Jorge
0 Likes
Not applicable
In the Workspace envelope, there is a .metadata organizer. Attempt to evacuate it and restart Dave, it settled my issues with Solve
0 Likes
User10696
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
I am having problems with the solver. I am getting error Message 6.
I have tried everything in this thread, but nothing has helped so far.
The .log file shows this:

***START of Exception Info***
null
com.ifx.davex.solver.SolverManager.getSolution(SolverManager.java:186)
com.ifx.davex.resource.management.ResourceManager.getSolution(ResourceManager.java:461)
com.ifx.davex.resource.management.ResourceManager.getSolverInfoAndProcess(ResourceManager.java:496)
com.ifx.davex.resource.management.ResourceManager.access$0(ResourceManager.java:493)
com.ifx.davex.resource.management.ResourceManager$1.run(ResourceManager.java:568)
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
***END of Exception Info***

This does not help me solve the problem!
0 Likes