Debugging issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I’m getting an error message while debugging and was not able to resolve it. I'm using J-Link arm v4.84f segger. Stuck from a day 😞 Pl help me out

The debug instrument IO could not be initialized.
The GDI debug instrument provided the following error message.
An error occurred while connecting to the target. The exact cause is unknown, but possibly, the J-Link is not connected to the target properly.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Hi,

Pls provide more details, for example
1) Are you using Infineon Application Kits eg. XMC1300 Boot Kit or XMC4500 Application kit?
2) Are you using DAVE Tasking Debugger?
3) Is this the 1st time you are trying to program/debug the XMC devices?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi
Thanks
I was using a motor control evaluation kit with xmc1302 with tasking debugger.And yea first time user.
Is 24v minimum supply required?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

XMC1000 Motor Control Application Kit comprises XMC1300 MCU board (also called XMC1300 Boot Kit) and Motor board. XMC1300 MCU board requires only USB 5v supply. It can be used for general evaluation. Whereas the Motor board needs 24v supply and it should be used together with MCU board for Motor Control evaluation.
Since you are the 1st time user, I do recommend “XMC1000 Boot Kit Getting Started” video and “Motor Control Application Kit Getting Started 1” for your start-up.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Oh ok. Thank you 🙂
0 Likes