Problems with DAVE and multiple open projects

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User8683
Level 4
Level 4
First like received
I have encountered the following problems in how DAVE handles multiple projects.

1) DAVE does a build all instead of a project build before debug and the result is that if there are a few projects, it takes longer than it should. It also prevents seeing any errors in the project to be debugged if other projects are built after the project of interest
2) Interrupts are not scoped to individual projects and all interrupts are applied to the project being debugged so popups arise because of
- all the hardware interrupts being used up
- interrupts not being applicable to the current code
Also, interrupts arise in unexpected locations resulting in a need to remove the interrupt and remember to readd it to the other project
3) DAVE CE does not update the wiring graphs for the DAVE Apps when switching from one project to another
4) DAVE does not properly associate run/debug configurations to the desired project and so, certain run/debug configurations are not visible to use in the appropriate windows meaning that running/debugging means using run as or debug as every time instead of simply selecting from the pull down menu
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for the feedback.
However, I would like to clarify your 3rd point:
Are you using "Set Active Project" to switch the project?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
User8683
Level 4
Level 4
First like received
I know that "Set Active Project" exists, but it is a poor substitute for doing it automatically as happens for other eclipse-based tools. I found that this is possible after fighting with the tool to get redraws. The problem is that if I want to examine another project while working on one main project, I have to switch projects repeatedly even though I will make no changes to the second project that I am looking at. The other problem with this is that if one of the graph windows gets closed, the redraw or switch project project action does not reopen it but instead generates errors. I found that I had to close the project and reopen it to get the DAVE CE project back again.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jackson,

Do you mean that you don't use "Set Active Project" to switch projects or get project redrawn? Then how? Could you pls provide the detail steps on:
1) How to switch between two projects (eg. Proj.A & Proj.B)?
2) How to get project redrawn?
3) How to get the error and what's the error? Could you provide a snapshot of the error?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes