using both CAN channels on COM_ETH-V1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,
I'm trying to use bot CAN transceivers on the COM_ETH-V1 connected to a XMC4500 CPU_45A.
Using the CAN transceiver connected to the DSUB9 connector works using node 2 and P1.8 and P1.9.
The second CAN transceiver is connected to cpu signals ASC_TXD and ASC_RXD. But it seems there are two different descriptions in the CPU board manual and the COM board user manual. Can someone please clarify which CAN node to use on the XMC4500 and which pins I have to select in DAVE.
Thanks.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
Heinz wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to use bot CAN transceivers on the COM_ETH-V1 connected to a XMC4500 CPU_45A.
Using the CAN transceiver connected to the DSUB9 connector works using node 2 and P1.8 and P1.9.
The second CAN transceiver is connected to cpu signals ASC_TXD and ASC_RXD. But it seems there are two different descriptions in the CPU board manual and the COM board user manual. Can someone please clarify which CAN node to use on the XMC4500 and which pins I have to select in DAVE.
Thanks.

according to all information I could find, node 1 oft the XMC4500 must be used configured P1.4 as RX and P1.5 as TX.
On the COM_ETH a soldering jumper has to be changed from RS485 to CAN. I'm not sure about the boot jumpers on the CPU_45A board. BSL OFF, CAN ON?
Tried some combinations but am not able to get a CAN frame out of CAN node 1, CAN node 2 works.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Heinz wrote:
according to all information I could find, node 1 oft the XMC4500 must be used configured P1.4 as RX and P1.5 as TX.
On the COM_ETH a soldering jumper has to be changed from RS485 to CAN. I'm not sure about the boot jumpers on the CPU_45A board. BSL OFF, CAN ON?
Tried some combinations but am not able to get a CAN frame out of CAN node 1, CAN node 2 works.

SOLVED

It works! I did nerly all correct - besides soldering the adapter from the 4 pin header to the DSUB 9.
Sometimes it really helps to count pin numbers correctly. And always check the cable with a continuity tester.
0 Likes