TC277TF - BMHD Erased

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

Im working with Infiineon TC277TF , unfortunately I have erased the BMHD (Boot Mode Header Location) which is having tha BMHD structure. Because of this every time I'm getting a message (as shown in below screen shot) like " No valid Boot Mode Header Found! Do you really want to program flash ? " .

639.attach

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

- Thanks & Regards
Veeresh Biradar
0 Likes
5 Replies
Florian
Employee
Employee
5 replies posted Welcome! First reply posted
Hi,

Before you flash, the memory will be erased. So you have to have a boot mode header in your elf/hex-file.
You have to insert a boot mode header by yourself to the code or declare it in the linker description file.
The instruction how to add the BMHD are in the user guides from the compiler you use.

Best regards,
Florian
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable

Hello Florian,

Thanks for reply ,I'm following as you told. As I'm facing one more issue regarding Flashing the code in particular address , can you please tell me the solution for below mention words :

As you know i'm working for TC277 , with present *.lsl file (attached ) my application data is always going to flash from 0x80000000H and 0xA0000000H , but my requirement is the data should flash from 0xA0300000 . I tryied by modifying the .lsl file but could not flash from required address . Can you please tell me where exactly I have change the address.

Attached document is .lsl file.

-Thanks & Regars
Veeresh Biradar
0 Likes
Florian
Employee
Employee
5 replies posted Welcome! First reply posted
Hi,

the address you want to flash from has to be specified in the *.cmm from Lauterbach you use. The code you want to flash has to be mapped to this location. For that you have to declare a new section in the lsl-file with the run_addr on the start address of the memory you want to have your code. Your code has to be linked to this section. You can find the guide also in the user guide from your compiler.

Best regards,
Florian
0 Likes
Not applicable
Dear Florian ,

Thank you , BMHD issue is solved.

Regarding *.lsl modification : I have tryied to modify *.lsl file for changing the start address . As you told I have given the start address to run_address , some part of the code is located to 0x80200000 which I'm doing ALIAS (in *.cmm) to 0xA0300000 , but some part of the code is located to 0x80000000 also. By this I understood that complete code is not there at 0xA0300000 , Please let me what exactly I have to modify to flash complete code to 0xA0300000 location (I want complete code to be flashed to 0xA0300000 onwords , code is less than 256KB).

-Thanks & Regards
Veeresh Biradar
0 Likes
Not applicable
Dear Florian,

As I'm waiting for your reply, Kindly let me know if any inputs are required for above query.

-Regards
Veeresh Biradar
0 Likes