Is there an APP for 16x2 LCD Display?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,
i want to connect a 16x2 LCD Display ( like this ) to my XMC 4500.
How can i programm it in Dave 3?
Haven't found any guides for Dave, just for arduino boards.
Just want to display a text on that display.

Greetings
0 Likes
7 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Wonka,

Perhaps you can get some hints from GUISL001_Example1/2?

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
Not applicable
I looked at them, but they are for a graphic display which are connected differently.
I need 7 pins ( RW,RS,EN, 4 Data Bits).
I thought i could maybe adapt code from a AVR lib(e.g.), but i'm relatively new to Dave and have some problems with it because its hard to find good tutorials.

How can i set several pins at once ? for example when i want to send an asci code ( e.g. 0011) to the data pins ?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Wonka,

Sorry, I have not experience on this:( What I can suggest is to take a look on the "LCD_X_DisplayDriver()" function in LCDConf.c.

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
Hello Everyone,
I have modified a 4-bit Library LCD library to be used with Dave tool and XMC based MCUs.
It needs GPIO App(IO004) to configure each pin as output and I have used a Timer AppSYSTM001 with millisecond resolution for delay routines.
I have tested this library with XMC2Go dev tool which is using XMC1100 MCU.
For me XMC2Go, is the smallest development board with an integrated debugger.
Library files are attached with this post.

It may help someone to connect these type of LCDs in future.

--
Regards,
Aqeel
0 Likes
lock attach
User8487
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
Hi,
thanks aqeel for your useful library. I needed it for Dave 4 and the modified version is attached.

tested with:
* XMC1200 Boot Kit @5V
* 16x2 LCD, Displaytech 162C, KS0070B-compatible
* just add one SYSTIMER-App and 7 Digital_IO-Apps and rename them to p.e. IO_DB4 a.s.o.

br

Hi

I used this code. Checked the output using evaluation board's LEDs, logic is working fine but the LCD doesn't give the output what I expect.  This is how my LCD displays(attached). What/Where may be the issue? Any thoughts. (XMC 1400 Boot Kit, I am using)

LCD Out.PNG

0 Likes
lock attach

Thank you, it works just fine with XMC1300 Boot kit. Personally i would change the "power up delay time" in lcd_init to 50ms because it is stated in the datasheet of the HD44780 controller.

If somebody is interested, for a 20x4 Display you need to change the lcd_goto function to the code attached.

Greetings

0 Likes