Possible bug : App configuration tabs are not closed when an App is removed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
If the configuration tab(s) of an App are open when an App is removed from the project the tab(s) remain open.

Also, if the same App is added to the project the fields in the tab(s) retain their values instead of being reset to their defaults.

This can be a little confusing.

I noticed this when using the PWMSP002 App.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
12 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

I've tried 2 ways to add then remove a PWMSP002[1.0.34] and my observation is:
1) The PWMSP002 UI tab can be removed upon App deletion
2) After adding back the same App, the setting can be reset to the default

Below is the details of "add-->change setting-->remove" App:
1) Steps to add a PWMSP002 and change the configuration setting:
Add a PWMSP002 --> change "CCU8 Resolution" to 40nsec (default is 20nsec) in "Simple PWM Configurations" tab --> click "Generate Code" --> double click "PWMSP002_Conf.c" under folder \Dave\Generated\src\PWMSP002\ to open "PWMSP002_Conf.c" page
2) Options for active viewing page in "DAVE CE window" during Apps deletion
Option 1: keep "PWMSP002_Conf.c" as active page
Option 2: keep "PWMSP002_0" configuration UI as active page by clicking "PWMSP002_0" tab
3) Steps to remove a PWMSP002:
Right-click on "PWMSP002/0" in "S/W App Connectivity View" --> select "Remove" --> choose "Delete this App plus all Apps that are required by it and all Apps requiring it (recursively up and down the tree) in "Delete Option" window --> click "OK"

PS: The "PWMSP002_Conf.c" tab will be kept. The last generated configuration setting will be kept (after click "Generate Code" button).

Would you provide more details on the procedure of adding and removing Apps?
If the problem still exists, pls provide the project and .log files.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

Thank you for your reply.

The steps that show the problem are...

1) Create a new DAVE CE project
2) Add the PWMSP002 App
3) Double click onthe PWMSP002/0 instance to reveal the PWMSP002_0 tab
4) Change a configuration value from it's default (e.g. change the 'CCU8 Resolution' to 1000)
5) Right click on the PWMSP002/0 App and select 'Remove'
6) Select the first option in the dialog (Delete this App plus all Apps that are required by it and all Apps requiring it (recursively up and down the tree)
PWMSP002/0, CCU8GLOBAL/0, CLK001/0, RESET001/0 are deleted

Now you can see the problem, the PWMSP002_0 configuration tab is still open.

7) Add the PWMSP002 App (instance zero is created again)

Now you can see the original PWMSP002_0 tab is still showing the CCU8 Resolution as 1000 (not the default).

When the PWMSP002/0 App was removed I think DAVE should have removed the associated PWMSP002_0 tab and associated code files.

Thank you very much
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

Are you using DAVE 3.1.10? Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce your problem.
Would you pls send your project and .log files to www.infineon.com/productsupport ? At the same time, indicate the requester (in this case is me) together with the relevant forum link.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

Yes I am using DAVE 3.1.10. I have sent the project files to the support site.

Thank you
Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

I notice that you are using PWMSP002 [1.0.32] but the latest should be v1.0.34.
However, everything is fine at my side even with this old version App. The PWMSP002_0 configuration tab can be removed together with PWMSP002/0, CCU8GLOBAL/0, CLK001/0, RESET001/0 Apps.
Could you pls send us the .log files (located under \.metadata)?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

I have sent the .log files via the support email address.

Has the PWMSP002 version changed recently ? I have ignored the update warnings for the last few weeks as I don't like to upgrade App versions in the middle of a project.

Thank you very much
Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

There is only project folder in Aaron_PWMSP002.zip. And there is only one PWMSP002 App in your project. Could you pls confirm the project file you sent?
The latest DAVE Apps update was on 16-May-2014. It is fine if you don't want to upgrade App versions in the middle of a project.
In future, you can get email notification in case of any DAVE updates by subscribing "DAVE News" Sub-Forum or "Information about Updates" Forum Thread. Details pls refer to "DAVE TIP of the day: How to get email notification in case of updates?".

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

I have sent you a recording of the steps to re-produce the problem. The problem occurs with just one PWMSP002 App in the project.

Thank you for the instructions for subscribing to specific threads. Very useful.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce the problem according your steps provided. Hence, we need your .log files located under ".metadata" folder (eg. C:\DAVE3_Workspace\.metadata). The ".metadata" folder is at the same level of your project folder eg. Aaron_PWMSP002). The .log files were not included in your previous mails.
Meanwhile, I am thinking since the problem can be easily produced at your side with just one PWMSP002 App, why not you just create a fresh new workspace and upload the problem project and .log files here?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

Unfortunately I can no longer upload anything to the forum (I have been corresponding with the forum administrator to try and resolve this). I will create a new workspace and email everything to you.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

I regretted to inform you that our DAVE developer was unable to reproduce the issue. They also couldn't find the root cause from the log file you provided.
What I can suggest is to uninstall and reinstall DAVE 3.1.10, see whether it helps?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

I will try this but it could be some time as I am mid project.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes