My DAVE Apps have disappeared from the 'S/W App Dependency TreeView'

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi All,

I have been working on a project in DAVE 3.1.10 for a few days but suddenly the 'S/W App Dependency TreeView' list became empty and DAVE no longer Solves, Generates Code or Builds.

I have reverted the project back to a known working version from my version control system but the problem persists.

I have also reverted back to the first revision from my version control system and the Apps are visible again in the 'S/W App Dependency TreeView'. However if I rename the projects with DAVE the Apps disappear again (the App folders still exist under the DAVE\Model folder when viewed with Windows Explorer).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

Did you use "DAVE Project import function" to copy the old project into DAVE 3.1.10 workspace? How did you rename the DAVE project?
Could you try to create a new workspace and re-do importing and renaming (rename the linker script file as well) according to the steps described in DAVE Tips? If problem still exists, pls send us the project file as well as the log files.

The following tips can be used for your reference:
DAVE TIP of the day: Infineon DAVE Project import and export functions
DAVE TIP of the day: Copy and Paste a DAVE project

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

Thank you for your suggestions.

The process I used was...

1) I had a folder containing my project called "ACB1_A220A902". I renamed this folder to "ACB2_A242A902". I did not change the linker script file name.
2) I then used "DAVE File-> Import -> DAVE Project (Copy projects into workspace ticked)
3) Apps Migration (from 3.1.6 to 3.1.10)
4) Apps were visible. I did not rename the project within DAVE. I worked on the project for a few days, Solver, Generate Code and Build worked without problem
5) I deleted the USBVC001 App and some time after this the Apps disappeared from the 'S/W App Dependency TreeView'

6) While trying to understand what had happened I deleted the project using DAVE delete then imported the original project called "ACB1_A220A902". On renaming the project with DAVE the Apps disappeared.

7) Today I created a new workspace and imported the new "ACB2_A242902" project into DAVE and no Apps are visible.

I will try recreating my project from scratch to see if I can resolve this problem. However I can send you the bad project. Could you give me a direct contact as the project is confidential.

Thank you very much
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

I've found my problem. Basically because the APP migration creates folders with new names under the \DAVE\Model folder my software revision system ignored them.

Thanks again for your time. Have a great weekend.

Aaron
0 Likes