lcd 4bit mode asm custom character

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi guys. I'm relatively new to mplab and i am working on a project using assembly language which at some point requires me to display a custom charactor that i created on the 16x2 lcd in 4 bit mode exclusively. Now i know that i need to first set the cg ram address and then load the combination of bits to the cg ram but I cant figure out a way to do so. And i tried searching the web for any refernces but all were written in c. So please guys i really someone to give me an example or a sample code where we display a custom character after creating it on lcd.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Juergen
Employee
Employee
Hi Sam,

I know where your problem is and there is an easy solution:

You need to download our DAVE tool from here:
http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-industrial-microcontroller-based-on-ar...

Then I would recommend that you order a XMC1100 Bootkit and you are ready to go.

Don't be scared to write in C, its much easier than assembler.

Best Regards
Jurgen
0 Likes
Not applicable
The thing is I am restricted to using assembly language otherwise C would've been the better option.
0 Likes
Not applicable
The thing is I am restricted to using assembly language otherwise C would've been the better option.
0 Likes
Not applicable
You could compile a working C example and take a look at the resulting assembler code to get a clue.
0 Likes