How to tuning up XC878 Motor Control?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
My customer is trying to use XC878 for driving BLDC motor. (motor specsheet as in attached)
We can use excel file to input motor parameter and compile the FOC motor driving project.
We got .hex file for downloading to MCU XC878.

Our application board can start motor as open loop.
Then motor has a little vibration and fail for running. (I think it cannot get in close loop control)

My question:
We need to adjust some parameter on excel file right?
We don't have experience for tuning XC878 motor drive.
If you have experience, could you guide us step-by-step ?
Thank you.

Best Regards,
iamten
0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Funmix
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
Hi iamten,

Have you checked the pricing different between XMC1000 and XC800? It's actually a 32-bit MCU with 8 bit cost. I would recommend you to run your FOC with 64Mhz peripheral clock, 32Mhz system clock on XMC1300.

The attachment is the details of FOC application project which I did a few years back with XC836. The package includes application note, GUI software for fine-tuning, source code, and PCB schematic. Please take a look of the application note, it provides guideline to fine-tuning FOC with XC836.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Funmix,

Thank you for sharing.
Do you have application note in English version?
I cannot read Chinese words.

Best Regards,
iamten
0 Likes
lock attach
Funmix
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
Hi iamten,

Sorry I don't have this particular application note in english version.

Please find below is another project zip file. they are all written in english.

To getting started to drive a motor, please configure the firmware to run the motor with VF to ensure your hardware setup, pin configurations are correct.
0 Likes
nanda_kumar
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Hi, I'm new to the Infineon microcontroller family, presently there is a requirement to do the development with the Xc836 microcontroller.

can you please suggest, how to start with, which IDE I have to use, and what tools are required for the programming?

0 Likes
Praveen
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager
25 solutions authored 10 likes given 5 likes given

Hi - I kindly suggest you create a new thread to discuss your questions rather than continuing in this thread.

Cheers
Praveen
0 Likes