infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@google+ Google+

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to tuning up XC878 Motor Control?

New Member New Member iamten is on a distinguished road

How to tuning up XC878 Motor Control?

My customer is trying to use XC878 for driving BLDC motor. (motor specsheet as in attached)
    We can use excel file to input motor parameter and compile the FOC motor driving project.
    We got .hex file for downloading to MCU XC878.

Our application board can start motor as open loop.
    Then motor has a little vibration and fail for running. (I think it cannot get in close loop control)

My question:
    We need to adjust some parameter on excel file right?
    We don't have experience for tuning XC878 motor drive.
    If you have experience, could you guide us step-by-step ?
    Thank you.

SpecSheet DA89X.pdf

Best Regards,
    iamten

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Funmix is on a distinguished road
    Hi iamten,

Have you checked the pricing different between XMC1000 and XC800? It's actually a 32-bit MCU with 8 bit cost. I would recommend you to run your FOC with 64Mhz peripheral clock, 32Mhz system clock on XMC1300.

The attachment is the details of FOC application project which I did a few years back with XC836. The package includes application note, GUI software for fine-tuning, source code, and PCB schematic. Please take a look of the application note, it provides guideline to fine-tuning FOC with XC836.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

New Member New Member iamten is on a distinguished road
    Hi Funmix,

Thank you for sharing.
    Do you have application note in English version?
    I cannot read Chinese words.

Best Regards,
    iamten

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Funmix is on a distinguished road
    Hi iamten,

Sorry I don't have this particular application note in english version.

Please find below is another project zip file. they are all written in english.

To getting started to drive a motor, please configure the firmware to run the motor with VF to ensure your hardware setup, pin configurations are correct.
    ?????
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

+ Reply to Thread