How to start programming?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,
Could somebody tell me how to get a good start with infineon?
I'm an engineer and familar with 8bit AVR controller which I progammed
in assembler.
At this time I'm working with a XMC1200 boot kid and the blinky samples.
There is a big gap between these controller and I need some help.

Thank you and regards,
Bernd
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hello Bernd,
Besides going through the Getting Started of the XMC1200 Boot Kit, there are many "simple" examples for the controller at this page: http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontrollers/32-bit-industrial-microcontrollers-based-on-...

Check out also the Application Notes at:
http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/channel.html?channel=db3a30433c1a8752013c1aa35a6a0029&tab=2
For starters, I recommend these:
1. Device Guide - XMC1000 - C-Start and Device Initialization
2. Tooling Guide - XMC1000 - Boot Modes

Helps me a lot.
Cheers.
0 Likes
User22251
Level 1
Level 1
I am also struggling with this issue and I am sure many others to get quick start with the XMC controllers.

I do find that though on their site many example programs do exist but comprehensive tutorial focusing on starting from scratch , interfacing with various peripherals like SPI / I2C based IC's, Keyboard, LCD etc. do not exist. Moreover no simplified blogs, eBooks explaining hardware of XMC controllers make it more difficult for a beginner on these controllers.
0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in XMC products. We always recommend you to create a new thread rather than appending a question in an old thread.

If you could go to the landing page of the part you are using you could see documentation regarding the part inside part landing page.
For example for the XMC 1000 device check this page.
You can see application notes example codes etc. Some of the appnotes target certain peripheral which will make it easy for you to start working with the peripheral.
You an also check out the dave based examples.
I hope you find these helpful to start working.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes