Running AB step (suffix) firmware on AC step XMC4500 hardware with DAVE and MemTool

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
The firmware for our product was developed in DAVE 3.1.6 using the AB step (suffix) XMC4500. I understand the AB step device has now been replaced by the AC step device. We use the Infineon MemTool and MiniWiggler to flash production devices. My questions are...

1) Will firmware compiled with DAVE 3.1.6 configured for AB step, execute without problem on the AC step device when flashed using MemTool ?

2) Will firmware compiled with DAVE 3.1.6 configured for AB step, execute without problem on the AC step device in the DAVE IDE or am I going to have to install DAVE 3.1.8 (or later) and migrate the project to AC step ?

3) If I configure DAVE for the AC step device will the firmware still run on AB step devices already shipped when flashed using MemTool (assuming I don't use features which are only in the AC step) ?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

To answer your questions:
1) Should be no problem. But it is recommended to confirm it by yourself.
2) You have 2 options:
Option 1 - keep the firmware built in DAVE 3.1.6 for AB step since DAVE 3.1.6 and DAVE 3.1.8 can be run in parallel. DAVE 3.1.8 will be installed as a new instance, separate to the DAVE 3.1.6.
Option 2 - migrate the project to AC step in DAVE 3.1.8 with latest Apps. Still you need to confirm it by yourself.
Pls take a note that you need to use DAVE import functionality to import the project created in DAVE 3.1.6 into DAVE 3.1.8. After that, use "Migration" functionality to migrate to AC step & latest Apps.
3) Same as answer 1.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

Thanks for your fast reply as usual. I'll try AB firmware in AC hardware and see what happens.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes