Xmc4700

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

We are interested in the XMC4700 series microcontrollers. When will they be available? In the XMC4000 brochure (dated 12/2012) a SOP of Q1/2014 is pronounced.
We would be also interested in a larger package (e.g. LQFP176) of the XMC4500. Is that planned in your roadmap?

Best regards,
Stefan
0 Likes
7 Replies
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
We also need a XMC4700 32 bit external bus without pin conflicts to other peripheral components. At XMC4500 it's not possible to start an ebu 32 bit dma transfer and an ethernet transmit in parallel (Tx and ADxx are on same pins), so we have to add an external ethernet mac and the advantage of dave is lost at this interface. Package dimensions are secondary at nearly all industrial applications.

Regards
0 Likes
User6383
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

We are interested in the XMC4700 with the 32 bit external bus and the high resolution PWM without pin conflicts.

Best regards
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Dear XMC user,

Indeed that your feedback is really precious to us and I had link this topic to the management.

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

These days I expected first signs of life of XMC4700, but there is nothing to see until now. The DAVE chip family has a 'display gap', i.e. there is no chip containing a lcd controller. The XMC4700 would fill this gap. I would very regret if Infineon decided to cancel this XMC flagship!

Best Regards.
0 Likes
User8095
Level 2
Level 2
Hello,

the missing LCD-Controller is a real Drawback.
I hope the 4700 will come with built in LCD and (capacitive) Touchpad Controller.

Best regards
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI.

I am an XMC4700 and I try to schedule from Arduino . When i want to Upload library "SERVO" I have this error: "This library only supports boards with an AVR , SAM , SAMD , NRF52, STM32F4 procesor".

What can I do ?
0 Likes
User12775
Level 5
Level 5
First solution authored First like received
XMC4700 Arduino support is very limited.

You have two solutions:
1. Wait someone to add support for this requirement.

2. Throw away Arduino altogether. Write your code using XMCLib or APP.
0 Likes